GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tested firmware 1045 on several units and the motor control issues appear to be resolved and observe the implementation of the iptv network settings.

Unfortunately, the STB still has the same problems with HD channels in both live viewing and DVR/time shift as was reported several months ago at the beginning of this thread. Still unable to use the HDVR3500 for reliable daily viewing or recording.

I regret that several of you are spreading lies that Titanium Satellite is involved in a cover-up for the vendor providing wrong specifications and attempted to deceive the FTA hobbyists. This simply is untrue. Anyone who knows me understands that I operate with the highest of integrity and I expect the same from vendors and associates. I have zero tolerance for the lies and drama that some members are attempting to draw me into.

Titanium Satellite discontinued carrying the STB several weeks ago and processed the last return and refund earlier this week. We have been concentrating our efforts on providing a smooth return process with prepaid shipping labels and fast 100% refunds for our customers.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience that has been associated with our discussion of the product and sharing of the supplied specifications.

This post ends my participation in this thread.
No Good Deed Will Go Unpunished!

Press Menu > Settings > Satellite Search: Scan Type > Press OK to change to Manual Scan
I believe that your instructions would find a newly added transponder. The transponder that I wanted to scan/re-scan was already in the transponder list from a previous satellite blind scan where I scanned FTA only. FTA will still put the transponder info into the Settings/Dish Settings/Transponder list, it just not put any encrypted channels into your Channel Listing. When I did the Manual scan per your instructions I got a NO NEW CHANNELS message probably because the transponder I wanted to scan was already in that list. I just thought maybe there was a way to pick a transponder in the list of transponders inside of Settings/Dish Setting/Transponder and scan just that one transponder over again. I used to do that with an openbox stb quite often for the same reason to not overwrite edited channel names that I had made on that satellite. Not a big deal, I was just asking in an effort to not have to edit my channels list every time that I do a blind scan.

I believe that your instructions would find a newly added transponder. The transponder that I wanted to scan/re-scan was already in the transponder list from a previous satellite blind scan where I scanned FTA only. FTA will still put the transponder info into the Settings/Dish Settings/Transponder list, it just not put any encrypted channels into your Channel Listing. When I did the Manual scan per your instructions I got a NO NEW CHANNELS message probably because the transponder I wanted to scan was already in that list. I just thought maybe there was a way to pick a transponder in the list of transponders inside of Settings/Dish Setting/Transponder and scan just that one transponder over again. I used to do that with an openbox stb quite often for the same reason to not overwrite edited channel names that I had made on that satellite. Not a big deal, I was just asking in an effort to not have to edit my channels list every time that I do a blind scan.
To select transponder from the list, please press down arrow to frequency and click ok, it will list all frequencies.

Let me know if it worked.

Reactions: Gfox
I must say that I am sorry to see titanium quit with HDVR3500, As he was the one I bought mine from.
But we also see why all the drama, some one needs to sell a cheap plastic box that took no design,
By those people who said this unit was a scam or POS.
thank you to those who have shown why the American government is in it's dyeing time.

To select transponder from the list, please press down arrow to frequency and click ok, it will list all frequencies.

Let me know if it worked.

I can navigate to the Drop down list and arrow down the list to select the transponder/frequency that I want to scan. But when I select it and then arrow down to Service Search and Start I cannot see or detect any scan being performed. The screen immediately goes straight to the Settings/Satellite search page and stops there. Or if I click on the transponder back in the Drop Down list of transponders and select edit I get the box with transponders and frequencies listed but NO scan selection. Forgive me for not understanding but I am just not finding how to scan an existing single transponder on a satellite. But maybe I will wake up and figure it out.

I'm not using 992 or 1045, but I think it's still the same and it sounds like you're in Dish Setting, rather than the Satellite search part of the menu because at the bottom of Dish setting, it says Service Search. At the bottom of Satellite Search, it just says Start.

So, Menu, then settings, in settings scroll down three spaces to Satellite Search, then click over to the right, scroll down to Scan Type, hit ok and select Manual Scan. You should be able to select a transponder, or if you want to edit one right there, just enter the numbers for it using the # buttons on the remote and it should change. then just scroll down to Start, hit ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gfox
I must say that I am sorry to see titanium quit with HDVR3500, As he was the one I bought mine from.
But we also see why all the drama, some one needs to sell a cheap plastic box that took no design,
By those people who said this unit was a scam or POS.
thank you to those who have shown why the American government is in it's dyeing time.
I also bought my unit from Titanium and I like them as well. They treated me right on several occasions and before parting from here they tried to make things right between Titanium and anyone that they influenced or sold units too. But they elected to move on and to stock their shelves with another similar product to take this units place. They need to direct their attention to other message boards and conversations towards their new market so I can understand their need of devoting their time to that cause.

NOW, Everyone here has either been given the opportunity for a rebate or to even return their unit for full refund. So, as far as I am concerned the ones of us still here have made the decision to stick it out and to try to improve the unit that we have decided to keep. Even through all of the negative hype and gnashing of teeth SatAV has stuck to his word and continues to move in a positive direction. Maybe not as fast as we wish but he is still with us and has not left us hanging. When I bought this receiver I was looking for a unit for around $100 but decided to purchase the HDVR3500 for a few dollars more. Now I also have the IPTV and the XBMC which contrary to what everyone else has indicated has worked pretty good for me and I am getting enjoyment from it. So let's be grown ups and present problems and trouble in a positive fashion even as frustrating as it might be at times. Everyone has issues and we all worry that our issues fall back a page or two on this message board and that they have been forgotten. What would probably help everyone's feelings is if there could be a list of the issues that are on the table for change or correction that from time to time could be carried along and pasted as a reminder in a message to us all of what we have to look forward too and we can see that our own idea, bug, or fix is still on the table and has not fallen between the cracks. Just a thought that might help our feelings but it would really need to be controlled and posted by SatAV for us all to see.

Goodbye Titanium.... Good Luck! and THANKS from the Group!

I'm not using 992 or 1045, but I think it's still the same and it sounds like you're in Dish Setting, rather than the Satellite search part of the menu because at the bottom of Dish setting, it says Service Search. At the bottom of Satellite Search, it just says Start.

So, Menu, then settings, in settings scroll down three spaces to Satellite Search, then click over to the right, scroll down to Scan Type, hit ok and select Manual Scan. You should be able to select a transponder, or if you want to edit one right there, just enter the numbers for it using the # buttons on the remote and it should change. then just scroll down to Start, hit ok.
Yep.... Your the Man! Thanks
Just call me hard head...lol

Reactions: N6BY and . Raine
There is some big misunderstanding here!

I wanted to let members know why I am choosing to stop posting to this thread. Not leaving the forum, just signing off of this thread.

My shelves are not stocked with any other receiver. I am not and will not be promoting any other receiver.

I simply choose to continue to enjoy the hobby and participate in helping hobbyists with FTA projects. Catch you guys on another thread! :)

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1442032600.503269.jpg

I too was thinking HUH?? Brian leaving SatGuys?
Brian loves us too much and is too thick skinned, to leave over a few trolls. :)

There is some big misunderstanding here!

I wanted to let members know why I am choosing to stop posting to this thread. Not leaving the forum, just signing off of this thread.

My shelves are not stocked with any other receiver. I am not and will not be promoting any other receiver.

I simply choose to continue to enjoy the hobby and participate in helping hobbyists with FTA projects. Catch you guys on another thread! :)

View attachment 110017
I meant nothing in a negative way and was definitely not trying to kill you off. I was just reading and searching some other message boards a couple of days ago looking for FTA channel finds and IPTV channels when I noticed there was one message board in particular that was giving Titanium a Big Formal Welcome. But I did not think anything badly about it. The people on that site were just referring to different equipment that Titanium offered is where I got that idea. It was really none of my business so please accept my apology for putting my nose where it doesn't belong. No harm intended.

Reactions: Titanium
I hope no one considers me to be a troll here. Since I don't sell anything FTA related or have any financial interests in FTA products there would be no reason for that. I didn't use swear words in this thread or call anything a 'POS'. If I offended anyone I deeply apologize.

I did not buy the HDVR3500 with the intention of taking off the heat sink. I have never taken off a glued on heat sink before this. And I wish I was not the one who brought the bad news about the main chip -- so please don't shoot me I'm just the messenger.

I would like to thank Titanium for giving me a prompt refund which I was not originally going to request, but later changed my mind as development was progressing more slowly than anticipated.

Let's hope that this is all straightened out now and we can all talk about fixing things and helping others in this hobby.

Hopefully I'm not considered a troll, either, even though I did swear a few times. Hopefully not Stargaze either, the 'paid' question really set him off and justifiably so, IMO. That is also what set me off the most, it was as I said before, a shocking response for me to read to a customer that is obviously getting frustrated, I having spent a good part of my life running my own businesses and dealing with customers. If that question had been directed at me, I would have been much worse than him in my response, albeit, in a different way. If you think I am wrong in thinking this, go ahead and read his posts up until that point and he had reported problems, tried to contribute, got frustrated. If he was a customer of mine, I would be apologizing to him to no end.

If you read through this thread from beginning to end, which I have just done tonight, you can see the progression of things and see how pretty much everyone, me, Stargaze, N6BY, everyone in this thread, were genuinely trying to report issues and such, even after the 'core' meltdown, but as I said earlier within this thread, with peoples expectations already knocked down multiple times, very, very little frustration is needed for tempers to flare, especially if one has doubts already. I understand as I've stated before, that Eugene is/was no doubt under stress over this, but to the general end user customer, that is irrelevant. That may sound harsh, but it's true and realistic business sense. Same as if you were to buy a new car and the tire fell off, had it fixed, drove off the lot and two tires fell off. You wouldn't care about the stress level of the dealer or their problems.

Reading through this complete thread in it's entirety, you can definitely understand the reactions within it, I myself don't think anyone within this thread could be deemed a troll really and considering the circumstances, I'm really surprised there wasn't much worse within this thread than what there was.

Eugene does seem to be responding to people better now and hopefully everything will be smoother sailing and those who need help with this receiver will get it.

I read through the whole thread again tonight when Brian posted what he did because it made me think, huh? I still don't quite understand what all of that is about, but I myself don't think Brian, Dave or the other distributors were trying to pull a fast one over on anyone, if that were the case, they wouldn't have been so quick on trying to keep their customers happy with them.

Not trying to stir the pot here, just my thoughts on things. Hopefully I haven't stuck my foot in my mouth, or offended anyone. If I have, I apologize in advance.

I believe I fixed my over heat problem by replacing the heat sink compound on the CPU and putting on a bigger heat sink, one roughly twice the size of the original. What was on my unit for compound looked like ordinary silicone in a hardened glob only about a 1/4'' across and thick, the heat sink also wasn't mounted squarely on the CPU, so essentially the heat sink was doing very little for CPU cooling, if anything at all. Will see after a few days whether it locks up anymore or not. I just recorded 1 and a1/2 hrs on MeTV on 101W with very, very little skipping, so I am optimistic that it won't lock up anymore. But the ambient temperature isn't high tonight either, it's rather cool out tonight here, right around 70 F.

A odd thing with drives on this unit - on the internal USB, it won't let me format drives NTSC but on the external front USB it will. I didn't try the back port or check into how the USB ports are configured or anything, it's not anything that bothers me enough to make me want to dig right into it and figure it out.

Edit: An afterthought, I am recording off the front port with a drive formatted NTSC, previously I was recording on the internal port with a drive formatted FAT32, this may be why it isn't skipping and not the heat issue, or possibly it's a combination of the two.

Yes, the satellite update is enabled and running. We only have Glorystar mode set to automatically update via OTA SSU. The update has access only to firmware and glorystar channel list. It will not affect user database, settings or channels.
When does the satellite update occur? Can we do it manually? If so How?
Bob

I believe I fixed my over heat problem by replacing the heat sink compound on the CPU and putting on a bigger heat sink, one roughly twice the size of the original. What was on my unit for compound looked like ordinary silicone in a hardened glob only about a 1/4'' across and thick, the heat sink also wasn't mounted squarely on the CPU, so essentially the heat sink was doing very little for CPU cooling, if anything at all. Will see after a few days whether it locks up anymore or not. I just recorded 1 and a1/2 hrs on MeTV on 101W with very, very little skipping, so I am optimistic that it won't lock up anymore. But the ambient temperature isn't high tonight either, it's rather cool out tonight here, right around 70 F.

A odd thing with drives on this unit - on the internal USB, it won't let me format drives NTSC but on the external front USB it will. I didn't try the back port or check into how the USB ports are configured or anything, it's not anything that bothers me enough to make me want to dig right into it and figure it out.

Edit: An afterthought, I am recording off the front port with a drive formatted NTSC, previously I was recording on the internal port with a drive formatted FAT32, this may be why it isn't skipping and not the heat issue, or possibly it's a combination of the two.
Sir, with you, I am ready to go to Mars. Let's continue trouble shooting! Sometimes it's a combination of things that will correct the error.

On all the tests I've done, internal USB will work better with FAT32. I am almost tempted to remove NTSC from there permanently. The OS supports it, but performance is better with FAT32 so far.

Reactions: . Raine
When does the satellite update occur? Can we do it manually? If so How?
Bob
Bob, satellite update occurs on Wednesday mornings, but we have not approved update until the recording issue is fixed, so for now, just Online Update will work. I will post 1045 live tomorrow.

Bob, satellite update occurs on Wednesday mornings, but we have not approved update until the recording issue is fixed, so for now, just Online Update will work. I will post 1045 live tomorrow.
Do you have to receive ku-band to be able to get the satellite update? I am C-band only and from what I remember reading it was sent via a ku band satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts