GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You may have to make some tweaks depending on exact OS version:

In 10.4, you may have to change your /etc/nsmb.conf

see http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1564 for details

In 10.5, see http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/~support/w/moin.cgi/OsxMountNetworkDirectory (among others)

I'm on 10.10, none of the searches I tried worked out. Luckily I was already running vagrant for web development work. I downloaded a testing snap shot of Windows XP, spun it up and I can connect that way for now.

I'm curious can files be moved around also? Naturally if you want them to be available as "Recordings" you need to leave them in the record directory. But some of the kids shows and stuff we record and keep for "emergency 2 year old lock down" (haha) I would like to just move to a different directory and place all the files there. Would they then be available when we just went to "Videos" and searched in the appropriate directory? I'm going to give that a shot assuming that will work, but if it won't would love to get any advice on organization.

Yes I know mac supports SMB, my comment said "evidently the box doesn't support SMB". The satellite box doesn't seem to support it. It just comes back with an error that it's the wrong version trying to connect to the box. So it is connecting and communicating but fails to make a connection.
I am not exclusively Mac, but for the record all my current workstations are OSX. So we are planning to address that. Also, we are working on enabling additional protocols on the receiver, hopefully that will help. I will post an update here. But for now, Happy New Lunar Year!

You may have to make some tweaks depending on exact OS version:

In 10.4, you may have to change your /etc/nsmb.conf

see http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1564 for details

In 10.5, see http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/~support/w/moin.cgi/OsxMountNetworkDirectory (among others)
The latest is 10.11, and so far it will not connect, I have the same problem as a Mac user... the only way I could connect was to install VirtualBox, then I installed Windows XP, and was able to connect that way...

Reactions: LocutusOfBorg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 9.53.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 9.53.50 PM.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 166
any ETA on the close carriers same SR issue? It was driving me nuts with Iowa caucus and NH primaries when satellite newsgathering feeds were about 5 MHz apart, same SR and the HDVR3500 could not separately tune each one (you'd ch up/down between two neighbor feeds and it'd be the same video instead of different video)

any ETA on the close carriers same SR issue? It was driving me nuts with Iowa caucus and NH primaries when satellite newsgathering feeds were about 5 MHz apart, same SR and the HDVR3500 could not separately tune each one (you'd ch up/down between two neighbor feeds and it'd be the same video instead of different video)

Same issue here on the 101west movies feed. Its so close to the others that if I scan that frequency any one of the other feeds (decades, metv etc) scan in its place! Regardless of manually entering things or moving the freq up and down! For now I use the krbk movies feed but its a a frustrating problem. These feeds work fine on the openbox and amiko 8240 same dish and lnbf. The public radio feeds come in fine on 99w too (narrow 900 and 1220symbol rates) so its NOT a drifting issue. (But as described they work fine on my two other STB's). Thanks

Hi,,,,It's frustrating, I have been waiting weeks for a fix on my 22 KHz issue....I feel this unit has great potential, they just need to really focus on getting a basic blind scan receiver working right then move on to any other know problems...Unfortunately I think the Chinese New Year will last about 23 days so it will be awhile....I hear ya on the scan issue...They need to add a frequency step 2,4,6,8&10 MHz for blind scanning purposes....For a work around solution go to satellite 101, then go to scan type and manually add 3965-V- 2734 and hit start, it will scan in Movies!......JJ

Will work on it after Chinese New Year holiday is over.

This crap again!? Waiting for the Chinese new year to be over....that says a lot as to who is actually doing the work on fixing things. Good luck with that, everyone. I heard that Chinese new year excuse crap last year when I asked for the source code, it's all the Chinese's fault. China has a holiday and California shuts down, no work gets done.

Release the damn source code and let capable people work on it. My sixteen year old daughter fixed a few of the problems in my HDVR3500, for crying out loud. You want a good receiver, Eugene? Open it up LIKE IT SHOULD BE and let others work on it.

Release the damn source code and let capable people work on it.

I imagine it's legal reasons of some kind keeping the source from being posted. This country would be so much better with a few law tweaks and about 1/20th the amount of lawyers out there (and a curtail for the next 50 years on lawyers being able to get educated/pass the bar).

If I ever develop a product, i'm going to have to be do it with none to as little China-intervention as possible (due to all the long "holidays" they take and the IP stealing they do).

This crap again!? Waiting for the Chinese new year to be over....that says a lot as to who is actually doing the work on fixing things. Good luck with that, everyone. I heard that Chinese new year excuse crap last year when I asked for the source code, it's all the Chinese's fault. China has a holiday and California shuts down, no work gets done.

Release the damn source code and let capable people work on it. My sixteen year old daughter fixed a few of the problems in my HDVR3500, for crying out loud. You want a good receiver, Eugene? Open it up LIKE IT SHOULD BE and let others work on it.

I though Eugene said a time or two that other firmware also could be placed on the HDVR3500 and never has expanded on that statement,
At least give us a driver interface for chipset since the OS is opensource we could do the build for are self.

This thread is interesting reading about the issues of software development for a versatile receiver. I have a more elementary need. That is to acquire a specific channel, Dare 2 Dream. My client has been rebroadcasting the channel through a dvr1200 with acceptable results. D2D is no longer on G19. I have this 3500 box at home, and periodically see if it works any better. It still stops it's display output momentarily, no matter what source it is using at the time.
I tested the IPTV on the 3500 for D2D and it ran steadily for a couple hours, then it just stopped. A switch to satellite and back to IPTV was successful in re-starting the stream. Someone watching D2D at home through my friend's rebroadcast isn't going to wait around for that, since his re-transmission station is remotely located.
My last call to 866 630-2452 (Glorystar) wasn't returned.
What is my best offer to my client to stream Dare 2 Dream?
I have some experience with Roku. It streams it fine, but won't keep running without human monitoring at the site.
Does anyone know how to make Roku stay on for days? Is there another Roku type box that would do the job? Is there another GSP3500 type IPTV receiver that is stable?
Thanks, Bill

This thread is interesting reading about the issues of software development for a versatile receiver. I have a more elementary need. That is to acquire a specific channel, Dare 2 Dream. My client has been rebroadcasting the channel through a dvr1200 with acceptable results. D2D is no longer on G19. I have this 3500 box at home, and periodically see if it works any better. It still stops it's display output momentarily, no matter what source it is using at the time.
I tested the IPTV on the 3500 for D2D and it ran steadily for a couple hours, then it just stopped. A switch to satellite and back to IPTV was successful in re-starting the stream. Someone watching D2D at home through my friend's rebroadcast isn't going to wait around for that, since his re-transmission station is remotely located.
My last call to 866 630-2452 (Glorystar) wasn't returned.
What is my best offer to my client to stream Dare 2 Dream?
I have some experience with Roku. It streams it fine, but won't keep running without human monitoring at the site.
Does anyone know how to make Roku stay on for days? Is there another Roku type box that would do the job? Is there another GSP3500 type IPTV receiver that is stable?
Thanks, Bill
Bill,
Dare 2 Dream has been discontinued from Galaxy 19 satellite. It is available through HDVR3500, as you have mentioned.

Let me explain the streaming issue with costs of data and bandwidth. Broadcasters pay very high rates for IPTV streaming and have setup an automatic program that will disrupt the stream that is untouched for some time. Different broadcasters have different time-out settings depending on their budgets.

Interrupted IPTV stream has nothing to do with HDVR3500 or any other receiver. Please understand that if no one is watching the stream, the cost can be staggering.

IPTV stream is just like a telephone connection, it costs money to the broadcaster. Just for the record, there is no privacy in IPTV, every connection is traceable and identifiable.

IPTV technology is not like satellite. Every stream costs money. I would like you to consider that with any stream. Satellite technology has no bottleneck, it can stream to as many receivers as possible, where IPTV will cost for every connection. Please confirm that you understand this fact.

I though Eugene said a time or two that other firmware also could be placed on the HDVR3500 and never has expanded on that statement,
At least give us a driver interface for chipset since the OS is opensource we could do the build for are self.
Rick, I absolutely don't care what people load on the hardware, it's none of my business. I am doing my best to implement the changes necessary to make it a working and fun box. There are few outstanding issues that are being worked on:

22Kz / Disecq signal leak, where the incorrect port may be scanned or receive instructions.
Blind scan needs to be narrowed down to smaller steps, there may be a solution
sub 1000khz fine tuning, where the signals from neighboring frequencies are not discerned by the receiver.

There are few other minor issues that will be addressed. We are committed to addressing them.

These issues affect proportionately small group of our customers and there are work arounds available. My intention has never been to cause pain in the rear. My intention is to bring solutions.

Reactions: dsmith0429
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)