GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could I utilize a 4x1 DiSEqC switch, and connect the two 8x1 DiSEqC switches that way? If so what settings would I need in the receiver to get them to work together? Also, can the receiver go beyond that, say up to 32 satellites? I didn't see any settings beyond 16.

With diseqc 1.0 you can go to 4; with diseqc 1.1 you can go to 16;
so with diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 combined you can go to 4x16 = 64!
You need the right 1.1 switches though, to be able to switch with the proper "uncommitted commands".

If you don't use the 22kHz signal for universal LNB's, you can use that signal to double the amount of LNB's. You need 64 switches, or just ONE if you place it directly at the side of the receiver. In that case you need a Diseqc-through 22kHz switch; that is imperative! Otherwise the diseqc signal doesnt arive properly at the diseqc switches. I believe the Ecoda-switch does the job.

Greetz,
A33

Does anyone have problems with adding a new satellite to the list in Menu/Settings/Dish Settings/Satellite/Edit?

I added a new satellite to the list through there to use for testing out a new dish and after I added it, all the satellites were messed up, 87W Ku channels were on 89W, 121 channels on 123, etc, all channels got shifted to the next sat up from where they belong. I deleted the sat entry I'd made and some of them went back to where they should be, but not all of them.

I believe I remember seeing this problem mentioned in this thread somewhere and I looked, but couldn't find it, could be that I'm remembering wrong. I'm using firmware 992 and it would be nice to know if this was/is an original problem in firmware, or something that I did while fixing other things. Might make it a bit easier to find it and fix it.

Editing an existing satellite is no problem, only adding a new one causes this, on my receiver.

Hi, i'm using MacOS 10.6.8 trying to connect to HDVR3500 by samba (smb://MyLocalHDVRBoxIP/share). I'm prompted to enter login/password and stuck there. if i choose guest, then it says guest login is not allowed. if I choose "root" and no password, or "stb/stb" then it says wrong combination. (telnet gets me in by both credentials thou). How do you guys get in?

Does anyone have problems with adding a new satellite to the list in Menu/Settings/Dish Settings/Satellite/Edit?

I added a new satellite to the list through there to use for testing out a new dish and after I added it, all the satellites were messed up, 87W Ku channels were on 89W, 121 channels on 123, etc, all channels got shifted to the next sat up from where they belong. I deleted the sat entry I'd made and some of them went back to where they should be, but not all of them.

Yes! This happened to me at the weekend when I added 115W. I didn't delete the satellite to fix it. I think I had to reboot the box.

Reactions: . Raine
Yes! This happened to me at the weekend when I added 115W. I didn't delete the satellite to fix it. I think I had to reboot the box.

Thanks, Martyn, good to know it's not just my box! :)

It might be good that you didn't delete that 115 sat you added! Yesterday, after the receiver had shifted the channels, it was acting a little sluggish after I deleted the sat I'd added and I didn't think too much of it, rebooted, still sluggish.

Today....my issue turned really bad. I went to blind scan 125W Ku and the channels from 123W were there, so I deleted all of the TPs from 125W Ku. Exited out from the menu and a message pops up that says to scan, no programs found. The darn thing reset everything to factory default settings and all channels and transponders on all sats were gone and it's acting flaky.:(

Team,
We have update that takes care of the Diseqc and 22Khz leaks and addresses the incorrect source selection as well as slightly improved motor control.

Please test it and report to us if you are satisfied. This is not yet public. to download http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/usb_update_glorystar_20160418_1339.bin

To update - Menu - Manager - Version - update by USB.

let me know,

Thank you,
Eugene

Reactions: dsmith0429
Hi,,,,How big is this new file???? Can this be updated via satellite???? How can I remove my recorded material (TS files) and put them on another flash drive????....Thanks....JJ

Hi,,,,How big is this new file???? 51Mb. I recommend you first save a backup of your current firmware and channel list.
Can this be updated via satellite???? No This is not yet public
How can I remove my recorded material (TS files) and put them on another flash drive????
Plug your flash drive into a computer, copy to computer, then copy to wherever. (you can save space by converting them to MP4. Format Factory, VLC, etc)

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Hi,,,,I'm trying to remove the the recorded TS files from the box and save them to a flash drive ....I can't seem to do that also I can't seem to save the channel files and the current firmware yet....Thanks....JJ

If you really want to save the files badly, you can pop the cover off of the 3500 [3 screws on the back] and remove the internal USB drive, put it into a computer and copy the files over to the comp. To make it easier in the future, you can just use the USB port on the front or the back to put either that USB drive or another into. My internal drive was held in with a spot of silicone that I had to peel off, so if it doesn't want to come out, look for something like that. There may be a way to copy from the internal to an external flash drive in the menus somewhere, I don't remember if there is.

My 3500 is unhooked right now and I don't remember the menu well enough to say how to back up the firmware, database, etc, so i can't help with that. :(

Team,
We have update that takes care of the Diseqc and 22Khz leaks and addresses the incorrect source selection as well as slightly improved motor control.

Please test it and report to us if you are satisfied. This is not yet public. to download http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/usb_update_glorystar_20160418_1339.bin

To update - Menu - Manager - Version - update by USB.

let me know,

Thank you,
Eugene

I believe this software is for Glorystar users only for now. Correct?

Hi, i'm using MacOS 10.6.8 trying to connect to HDVR3500 by samba (smb://MyLocalHDVRBoxIP/share). I'm prompted to enter login/password and stuck there. if i choose guest, then it says guest login is not allowed. if I choose "root" and no password, or "stb/stb" then it says wrong combination. (telnet gets me in by both credentials thou). How do you guys get in?

Hi, does anyone has any hit on above question w/r/t samba connection from MacOS 10.6.8? reading thru the this thread, it looks like this is enabled.

below is another problem/bug:
I have hundreds of channels stored. natually I took time to change their order in list for better viewing/navigation. but whenever I backup the channel list to USB then restore(after e.g a firmware upgrade, a full reset, or simply after editing the channel list using PC based editor), the order of channels is lost. I then have to painstakingly do the ordering again. this is very frustrating.

Hi,,,,I'm trying to remove the the recorded TS files from the box and save them to a flash drive ....I can't seem to do that also I can't seem to save the channel files and the current firmware yet....Thanks....JJ
Jimmy, if you have a windows computer on the same network as HDVR3500 follow these steps:

To connect to HDVR3500, please use Windows computer that is on the same network and subnet as HDVR3500

1. Please write down your HDVR3500 IP address - it's located at Menu > Settings > Network Settings
2. Open File Explorer (or My Computer)
3. Enter your HDVR3500 IP address into the Address field - for example \\192.168.0.15 (or whatever the IP address is)
4. Your computer will display the share on the receiver, go ahead and double click on the share, then to the subdirectories until you see the Video Files.

You will now be able to copy and paste the Video files off the drive on the receiver.

Please, remember, that every video consists of two files, the actual video file that has ending .ts and the index file that points to it, the idx file, if you are renaming files, rename BOTH files.

Let me know how it went.

I believe this software is for Glorystar users only for now. Correct?
Glorystar and FTA are the same firmware. When you initially setup the receiver you have either had FTA by default or Glorystar, depending on how you ordered the receiver. To change from FTA to Glorystar or back, just do factory reset.

Glorystar and FTA are the same. If you purchased receiver from a dealer that has custom install, just use the file listed above to get the default software.

Reactions: chadg2

Hi, does anyone has any hit on above question w/r/t samba connection from MacOS 10.6.8? reading thru the this thread, it looks like this is enabled.

below is another problem/bug:
I have hundreds of channels stored. natually I took time to change their order in list for better viewing/navigation. but whenever I backup the channel list to USB then restore(after e.g a firmware upgrade, a full reset, or simply after editing the channel list using PC based editor), the order of channels is lost. I then have to painstakingly do the ordering again. this is very frustrating.

Bump...Someone here must know the answer to this? Welcome to SatGuys, FTA+IPTV! :D

Hi,,,Thanks for trying to help but I'm not on a network....I have downloaded the file to upgrade the firmware but I have not tried it yet....I'm trying to figure out where to download or backup a copy of my current firmware Halo_V1.0.7.0_0x8_1297 ...........JJ

Jimmy, if you have a windows computer on the same network as HDVR3500 follow these steps:

To connect to HDVR3500, please use Windows computer that is on the same network and subnet as HDVR3500

1. Please write down your HDVR3500 IP address - it's located at Menu > Settings > Network Settings
2. Open File Explorer (or My Computer)
3. Enter your HDVR3500 IP address into the Address field - for example \\192.168.0.15 (or whatever the IP address is)
4. Your computer will display the share on the receiver, go ahead and double click on the share, then to the subdirectories until you see the Video Files.

You will now be able to copy and paste the Video files off the drive on the receiver.

Please, remember, that every video consists of two files, the actual video file that has ending .ts and the index file that points to it, the idx file, if you are renaming files, rename BOTH files.

Let me know how it went.

MacOS is not compatible with Samba. We are working on a solution to connect from OS X. OS X has removed true compatibility with Samba.

Hi,,,Thanks for trying to help but I'm not on a network....I have downloaded the file to upgrade the firmware but I have not tried it yet....I'm trying to figure out where to download or backup a copy of my current firmware Halo_V1.0.7.0_0x8_1297 ...........JJ
Jimmy, was there any particular need to keep 1297?

The most current version in testing is 1339, it addresses most performance issues.
The most current version that is public is 1314 - it addresses most issues, but has issue with Disecq and 22Khz when controlling multiple dishes.

Is there any reason you would look for a particular firmware that has been decommissioned? Let me know.

Thank you,
Eugene

Status
Please reply by conversation.