GEOSATpro Receivers Officially Supported by Slingbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Slingbox Ready!

All dressed up and nowhere to go...

Slingbox.jpg

Last edited:
You don't fly. Airports, where you can waste hours of time, is a prime location to access your slingbox via the airport free wifi on your full screen PC.
:eek: Where on planet Earth have you found free wifi at an airport. My many trips from 2001 to 2008 the cost to connect at ANY airport was sky high. I never connected at any airport due to the crazy cost.

RT.

:eek: Where on planet Earth have you found free wifi at an airport. My many trips from 2001 to 2008 the cost to connect at ANY airport was sky high. I never connected at any airport due to the crazy cost.

RT.

My local airport has free wifi. I see it all the time on the billboard with the prices to various places.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I dont know what slingbox is or what it does but anything added to a new FTA model that's not out there in the market is a plus!! Good Job!!

RT-Cat said:

RT.

Almost all airports have free wifi now. :)

I was down by PDX, in the driveway and got WiFi. We do not fly very often so I can not say. If there is a hotel at the airport, I have logged onto some hotel WiFi from 1 1/2 blocks away... I am quite sure my speeds would not be high enough for slingbox here, I wish it were high enough for streaming.

Perhaps a dumb question. However what sling models will work?

of course there is a catch. I have a SB HD Pro but there will will be no HD from the MicroHD for the SlingBox. I believe the MicroHD only ouputs HD thru the HDMI and the SlingBox has no HDMI input. So it's limited to the composite connection only.

Bandwidth out is only about 40KB/s so I guess a slingbox here is not going to go much farther than the local network. My local WIFI is wireless G so would almost be worth while getting one for setting up the dish etc... the Slingbox that is... the Micro-HD is a no-brainer, will have one on order once they are available.

of course there is a catch. I have a SB HD Pro but there will will be no HD from the MicroHD for the SlingBox. I believe the MicroHD only ouputs HD thru the HDMI and the SlingBox has no HDMI input. So it's limited to the composite connection only.

An HDMI to Component adapter will provide the component connection. Cost approximately $4 - $7 on Ebay.

I am not finding the Optibox on the Slingbox site. Maybe it has been built as a custom that a user has created?

The GEOSATpro had also been available as a custom device built by a customer for several years, but not available through Slin Media and available to every device.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)