Get out your wallet. ST in HD now $318.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Damn Tagliabue, he let D* buy out till 2010 so we are all screwed till other providers are in the mix be it Cable or E*. This totally sucks!

i don't come over to the directv forum all that often so this is the first i am hearing about it, but i will say you guys are getting ripped.

Stupidest thing D* has ever done. The person that came up with this one must have also told Marquette to go with "Gold". ......dumbasses

Madtown HD Junkie said:
Stupidest thing D* has ever done. The person that came up with this one must have also told Marquette to go with "Gold". ......dumbasses

LOL - someone else is a PTI watcher :)

I voted no. I like pro football, but ST is not worth $318 in my opinion. Local channels usually broadcast the local games in HD, so if they continue that, then I don't need ST. Or I can jump in the car and drive to Loveland and see what's on at Slacker's place.

So consider me on strike against the D* rate increase for ST. Hockey players sat out for a year, and so can football fans.

They should just make the games ppv, and let everyone pick and choose. Aren't there around six games a week in HD? How long is the season, 14 weeks? 318 divided by 84= $3.78 per game average. People might be willing to go as high as 5 I would think. Maybe my numbers are off here, but that seems like a better alternative.

Yes Cpanther95 is indeed welcomed here at SatelliteGuys.US, I see NOTHING wrong with that he did or tried to do.

Here at SatelliteGuys I LIKE it when our staff has opinions and don't just act like mindless drones. By him starting a petition over the NFL HD matter wasn't an issue to me, and speaking on behalf of or SatelliteGuys privacy policy would not be in violation because the participation in the petition was voluntary.

Cpanther you are welcome here at SatelliteGuys.US and I think you will fit in just fine. :)

Wow, a Show of Force!!! Rumor is that Rupert Murdoch personally called AVS to shutdown the "petition" and have CPanther fired :eek: :shocked :D

Oh, come on. I like CPanther a lot. He had a hand in trying to control the madness that was Voom discussions at AVS. Believe me, I KNOW what a crappy job being a mod can be. And his intentions were stellar. BUt the one thing we had drilled into us when we took the mod job (ok, maybe that I had drilled into me) was that you can't take sides. In reality, it means that as you grow into the mod role you have to develop less of a voice at AVS. I've modded for a year and a half now, and I probably post about 1/10th of what I used to. It's not that my interest has waned, it's that you have to step back a bit. Others will, undoubtedly, disagree with me. But I've had enough conversations with Alan and David to know that the reasons for quashing the petition were entirely legitimate, and not the conspiracy theory drama that sme of you would like to believe.

And I say this as not just a mod, but as a new DirecTV customer who chose Direct almost entirely because of ST and now feels really screwed.

-MP

:( Cpanther was a fresh breath to Ken's iron fist, but to Ken's credit he's been a lot nicer lately and I'm able to get along much more nicely over there without his insults anymore.

so sad that AVS Forum plays the brown nose role heavily, and boots a mod that put a lot of hard work into that site, organzing the local forum etc...

BFG said:
:( Cpanther was a fresh breath to Ken's iron fist, but to Ken's credit he's been a lot nicer lately and I'm able to get along much more nicely over there without his insults anymore.

so sad that AVS Forum plays the brown nose role heavily, and boots a mod that put a lot of hard work into that site, organzing the local forum etc...

Ken has been nicer to you, but he hasnt stopped the insults. Thats one thing I never liked. And one thing I never saw from Panther. Maybe that moderator job over there requires a level of pompousness beyond what most of us mortals possess.

Nope, it requires an iron stomach and the ability to swallow a whole lot of insulting PMs. Plus a fanaticism about patrolling the board. In fact, why don't some of you consider volunteering? People like to bitch about other people's work, but they often won't step up to the plate and do it themselves...

madpoet said:
Nope, it requires an iron stomach and the ability to swallow a whole lot of insulting PMs. Plus a fanaticism about patrolling the board. In fact, why don't some of you consider volunteering? People like to bitch about other people's work, but they often won't step up to the plate and do it themselves...
Thats funny Ive never sent an insulting PM to anyone, not a member and certainly not a moderator. The only insulting Pm's Ive gotten have been from Ken calling me an idiot. :rolleyes: LOL

I personally can't stand AVS, I started following my satellite news here and I am only staying here.

They find anything/everything to complain about and make conspiracies.....wasn't cool or informative at all

The really sickening fact is that the regular season price will probably be 340 bucks!! The 320 is an early bird special. So those that are gonna bend over for this had better bend over early.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.