Get out your wallet. ST in HD now $318.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I really think everyone is in shock Panther. All over the net. Ive visited about 5 forums and everyone is pretty pissed off.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
:shocked You guys need a website i'll pay to set it up....called D* yesterday and today and all I got was "I am sorry sir" ""you can just get the HD package for $99"...."And it is just $218 for the ST" Obviously there is a disconnect.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
CPanther is a cool guy, good to see him here. I always stayed quiet at AVS... mainly lurked and read the multiple opinions.

Once again, I will not pay for the rate hike.. I will take a year off and HD will be the standard in the next year or 2 more than likely...

CPanther95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 25, 2004
Charlotte, NC
One thing I would encourage is not to cancel NFL ST - yet. If it is done piecemeal, it is likely to be swept under the rug as normal churn. I would also be surprised if any $99 credits given are reliably labeled with the reason given - or if complaints are categorized specific enough to cause any action. Unless of course very specific complaints come in repeatedly over a short period of time. Then it is more likely to get its deserved attention instead of simply "price complaint" or "programming complaint".

In an ideal world we'd have a significant number of existing subscribers of NFL ST who will outright cancel NFL ST - coupled with a substantial amount of revenue at risk from HD'ers and HD supporters willing to reduce their programming through D*, without a change in policy.

As Vurbano is fond of saying, D* is really bending it's lucrative HD subs over on this one - and as I told him, accepting a $99 credit and moving on is the equivalent of getting a r**charound. :mad:

CPanther95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 25, 2004
Charlotte, NC
BTW - if someone is setting up a website to collect "signatures" and make our case, I've got $99 I'm willing to spend. ;)

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Un-Friggin-Believable!

:eek: I am still in shock that the mighty cash cow that is D* could even think up this maddness! Over the past year or so, I've come here for advice and news and nearly everyone on this thread has been singing the praises of D* to the point that they (who am I kidding... WE) were starting to sound like D* evangelists. Now this rate hike has pushed everyone's button and I think we are all looking forward to another royal scr#wing when the new boxes drop.
Is this how D* wants to play things?

1) Wait for Vo0m die to off, so there is one less player at the table.
2) Keep watching E* trip over their own two feet, driving away customers as fast as they sign them.
3) Jack prices everywhere they can and think that no one is looking?

I can't blame anyone for wanting to increase their revenues, but come on... This is rediculous! Please realize that I have not been a ST subscriber in the past (and I sure as h311 won't be one now :mad: ), but I'm hacked off for everyone who is. And, like I said, I'm an optimist and I feel another scr3win coming this summer and fall.

Now I'm off to put Cox cable on speed dial, just in case..... :no

If there is a 'collection of signatures' out there, I would be happy to indulge my philanthropic side and donate my signature to it!

steverobertson

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 23, 2004
CPanther,

Great to see you over here. I am not sure what happened to you over at AVS but I thought you did a great job and will be missed big time. This whole D* thing has really pissed me off to no end and really I have no idea what I am going to do. I have had contact with the Office of the President the last few days and they have offered yhe 99.00 credit but not reall sure I will take them up on it. The ST is jsut not what it used to be so maybe it is time to put the 200.00 back in my pocket I get OTA gamres in HD so maybe it is time.

chazcbh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 6, 2004
How about if you just don't order the SuperFan option. You can still watch the games. You will have some HD games with the local broadcasts and with SNF & MNF. So what is the big deal just don't order it!!! Some people are willing to spend the hundred bucks for a hundred games. $1 a game. Not all that much when you think about it. So if you don't want it don't get it you can still get ST.

orlando131

Feb 13, 2004
sebring fl
i just talk to D they offer me ST for $199.00 if i start paying them this month (4 installments) including the HD part . has anyone else been offer this? just dosent sound right to me. dont want the start of the season to get here and ill be stuck with st only and no way to cancel.

steverobertson

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 23, 2004
orlando131 said:
i just talk to D they offer me ST for $199.00 if i start paying them this month (4 installments) including the HD part . has anyone else been offer this? just dosent sound right to me. dont want the start of the season to get here and ill be stuck with st only and no way to cancel.

Yes I got the 99.00 credit but I am still very much up in the air as to what I am going to do. This isn't about the cash as much as the principal of this whole thing it just really pisses me off to no end that they would come up with this 99.00 fee.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
vurbano said:
Thats funny Ive never sent an insulting PM to anyone, not a member and certainly not a moderator. The only insulting Pm's Ive gotten have been from Ken calling me an idiot. :rolleyes: LOL

I'll let you read my in-box sometime ;). Then again, I've been accused of ruling the Projector forums with an iron fist a time or two myself!

pokerguru

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 17, 2005
orlando131 said:

How did you get this deal ($199 for ST)? Right now, the price for early bird is $219. I called them and ask if I could get a better price if I order now and was told no. Just curious

CPanther95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 25, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What happens when they bundle FOOD HD with the interactive weather/sports/news channel and charge $7.99? That's probably a bad example because my wife loves weather channels and weather radars :rolleyes:

The point is that there's little to no correlation between Superfan's additional features and high definition games.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Look how the 5/16/05 SKY REPORT makes it sound like D* is doing us a favor....

DirecTV's 'SuperFan' Offers NFL Games in HD
DirecTV revealed on its Web site that it will have football games that are part of its NFL Sunday Ticket package in HDTV, but the coverage will cost extra for customers.

The extra offering is called NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan. In addition to offering more than 100 games in high-def, SuperFan also delivers features such as a "Red Zone" channel and the interactive ability to watch up to eight broadcasts at once on a single TV screen.

The SuperFan add-on to NFL Sunday Ticket sells for $99, and it can be purchased in two payments of $49.50, the company's Web site said.

Through DirecTV's early-bird special, existing customers can get the 2005 season of NFL Sunday Ticket in four payments of $54.75, for a total of $219 for the season, the Web site said. That's $20 off the regular subscription price.

DirecTV has an exclusive lock on the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
$219 for Sunday ticket anda extra $100 for over 100 HD games and the Red Zone channel. Im not happy about the price but I dont see the big uproar. It's a $100. everyone on here can find something to complain about to get $100 credit from D between now and then. I don't really see the big deal. If you want it, you will pay. I am loyal to DTV and am glas they have exclusive rights to ST. I wouldnt be caught dead with Dish. Ill pay my $100, enjoy my HD football and hopefully soon will have more HD!

salsadancer7 said:
Look how the 5/16/05 SKY REPORT makes it sound like D* is doing us a favor....

DirecTV's 'SuperFan' Offers NFL Games in HD
DirecTV revealed on its Web site that it will have football games that are part of its NFL Sunday Ticket package in HDTV, but the coverage will cost extra for customers.

The extra offering is called NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan. In addition to offering more than 100 games in high-def, SuperFan also delivers features such as a "Red Zone" channel and the interactive ability to watch up to eight broadcasts at once on a single TV screen.

The SuperFan add-on to NFL Sunday Ticket sells for $99, and it can be purchased in two payments of $49.50, the company's Web site said.

Through DirecTV's early-bird special, existing customers can get the 2005 season of NFL Sunday Ticket in four payments of $54.75, for a total of $219 for the season, the Web site said. That's $20 off the regular subscription price.

DirecTV has an exclusive lock on the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2004
Temple, Pa
$219 for Sunday ticket anda extra $100 for over 100 HD games and the Red Zone channel. Im not happy about the price but I dont see the big uproar. It's a $100. everyone on here can find something to complain about to get $100 credit from D between now and then. I don't really see the big deal. If you want it, you will pay. I am loyal to DTV and am glas they have exclusive rights to ST. I wouldnt be caught dead with Dish. Ill pay my $100, enjoy my HD football and hopefully soon will have more HD!

I agree completly, and if someone is going to switch to dish I seriously doubt they were going to get ST anyway, considering dish doesn't even have NFL network.

It come out to about 19.00 a week for ST this year, not a bad deal considering the whole family is usually watching 3 different games at the same time.

pokerguru

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 17, 2005
JerryVolunteer said:

Hart5150 said:
I agree completly, and if someone is going to switch to dish I seriously doubt they were going to get ST anyway, considering dish doesn't even have NFL network.

It come out to about 19.00 a week for ST this year, not a bad deal considering the whole family is usually watching 3 different games at the same time.

I see both of your points to this. It's easy, some people don't care and will pay, some care, however, they will still pay for the HD tier. Lastly, some do care and won't pay regardless of the amount ($99) b/c of the principle that is involved.

I look at it this way. Since D* cannot publish or guarantee what games will be in HD, it's not worth the extra $$$. Sorry, but I'm not interested in watching two poor teams play just b/c it's in HD. I'm satisfied with the ST w/out the HD tier. In addition, it was free to subscribers last year. Why change it. D* stands to lose more subs b/c of this, so why risk it.

My feeling is there are those who will be able to complain loud enough and get it free, or D* will reevaluate the charge and market it differently. I wouldn't be surprised if D* dumps the $99 fee once they see the amount of money they're losing to cancellations. It will take 2 Superfan orders to make up for one lost ST sub. You do the math, over the long haul D* loses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)