Getting Favorites List to work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smchellraiser

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
I just received a Voom 550 yesterday that I bought on Ebay. I was able to hook it up and scan for local channels once I learned to hit the green button twice (thank you for that info here), but when I go through the favorite list and mark ok by all of my local channels, it doesn't seem to filter out the rest of them when I click on Favorite Channels from the main menu.

I checked afterwards and all of the marked ones are still listed as I marked them.

Am I missing a step?

Also is there any way to disable the satellite search features that seem to come up on so many of the protocols like Program Guide, etc?

The receiver seems to work okay - I am able to get my local channels but it would be nice if I could use the Favorites list and not have the others show up, causing me to scroll through dozens of non functioning channels.

Thanks!

smc in St. Louis, MO.

Satellite channels cannot be hidden, but locals can

On the Voom receiver, you have the option of hiding some local channels that you particularly don't like or ones that are already mapped into the unit from the previous owner. The channels you cannot delete, however, are the satellite channels. The satellite channels are permanently mapped into the receiver because it is programmed into the firmware of the unit. Also, there isn't any way you can bypass a satellite search when selecting the favorites option from the Voom main menu. The Voom main menu is useless now that the satellite is no longer recognized. The only menus worth toying with are the system settings menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)