Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep. nice and strong here

GNF music
11836 V 20765 (freq, pol, symbol rate)

GNF Movies
12177 V 23000

something isnt aimed right

12177 is damn near blowing the meter on my receiver (79 on the Coolsat..82 is max) and 11836 is pretty good. Try and nudge the dish left or right from the reicever to see if the signal comes in. IA5 is wacky latelly where some signals blow the meter and some barely register. The satellite is being replaced by IA-9 (soon, I hope)

Figured out the problem!!!! I had some bad firmware, I was doing some serious thinking and talking with my friend who I am borrowing the avcom from and telling him of my woes. First off I wasnt getting any s-video and I talked with the person that I bought the unit from and they were excellent and said send it back which I was going to do. Then I noticed that I wasnt receiving transponders that I should be getting at first I thought maybe my dish was off, but if I was getting one transponder full crunch then I should be atleast receiving others. I also noticed that if the receiver had been left on for any period of time it would stop decoding video..audio was still there. Well I took the avcom spectrum analyzer went to 12177 on IA5 and I could see a crushing signal on the spectrum analyzer but ziltch on the traxis. I got the latest frimware from dmsiusa loaded now I am seeing GNF and ton of other stuff that I wasnt seeing and I have s-video. Just thought I would post that incase it can help someone else in the future.

... I also noticed that if the receiver had been left on for any period of time it would stop decoding video..audio was still there.
I got the latest frimware from dmsiusa loaded now I am seeing GNF and ton of other stuff that I wasnt seeing and I have s-video.
A firmware fix for what might be mistaken as overheating? :confused:
Not exactly a textbook case.

well overheating maybe, but the s-video and the not seeing transponders would show itself as soon as I turned the STB on, so heat wouldnt be an issue there, the only problem that took time to show up was the no video decode, and even that would show in a matter of minutes and my STB gets shut off by the main switch in the back. I have been running the STB since 3pm eastern time with no problems. I'm good to go!

Do you have a lot of channels stored into the Receiver? Most Receivers only have so much memory space and when you get to many channels stored and fill up the space for the memory, the Receivers start acting like they have a short or something in them. The Receivers start being kind of goofy. It's called a Transponder Overload. If this is the case here, you can delete some of the TP's, not being used and it should start working right again. A factory re-set would clear it up also, but then you lose all the channels you stored along with the Satellites and you would have to reprogram it from scratch.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts