Good deal NFL-ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
just got a deal by calling in and saying i wanted to cancel ST and SF...they gave me $25/month for 6 months for ST, and 2 payments of $25 for SF...overall $200 for the season for both services.

I cancelled the package today...was basically offered the package plus SF for 200$...there are just too many games on these days for me to justify the costs anymore, plus i just end up watchign my stat tracker for yahoo fantasy anyways.

I called today to cancel. Talked to a nice guy and the best they could do was SF at $100 and $24.99 for Sunday ticket. Worked out to $250 for the year with free Starz for 6 months as well.

My account is new though (October of 08) and we only have DVR Plus w/hd with no movies or other goodies so my bill is only like $75 plus receivers and tax. So I didn't expect them to offer me much to keep it.

I decided to cancel its just not worth it to me anymore. I'm also tired of DirecTV having the monopoly on it and if enough people cancel it might not be worth it for them to keep it exclusive.

The rep did mention he has been doing this all day. So lots of people are calling to cancel it not sure if they are keeping it after the discounts or not.

I called today to cancel. Talked to a nice guy and the best they could do was SF at $100 and $24.99 for Sunday ticket. Worked out to $250 for the year with free Starz for 6 months as well.

My account is new though (October of 08) and we only have DVR Plus w/hd with no movies or other goodies so my bill is only like $75 plus receivers and tax. So I didn't expect them to offer me much to keep it.

I decided to cancel its just not worth it to me anymore. I'm also tired of DirecTV having the monopoly on it and if enough people cancel it might not be worth it for them to keep it exclusive.

The rep did mention he has been doing this all day. So lots of people are calling to cancel it not sure if they are keeping it after the discounts or not.

Not as many people are canceling that you think are.
By you canceling, will have NO effect in whether or not they keep it.

D* has exclusive rights because NO ONE ELSE was interested in it in the beginning.
I think it's a GREAT thing that they have the exclusive rights.

No one else wanted to take a chance, they hit it BIG and now people want to get in on it.
BTW, I believe they re up'ed to 2013 recently.

I've been thinking of cancelling ST lately due to the cost and the economy picture. I'm a long-time ST subs since '99 and I have a question about cancelling. Do the long-time ST guys remember a policy that allowed the subs'br to cancel during the ST season and getting a prorated refund? Is this policy (if it was the case in the past) still in effect? I thought I was reading the online ST policy that DTV was stating that if the pymt install billing cycle had started, cancellation wasn't allowed. If that's the case, I may have waited too long but my next auto-pymt bill isn't due till Tuesday 07/14 . I didn't see any ST charges on my current online statement showing up as of today.

u can cancel anytime up until the start of the season & u will get credited for any $$ if u already paid some.

Once the season actually starts in sept. then its too late to cancel & get any $$ back.

Looks like couple of my D* football buddys won't be subscribing this year either. Mostly due to cost and economy not treating them too good.
I thought about splitting bill just to keep out traditional Sunday gathering amoung Friends, But I can Just stay home and watch my games locally. I got enough East, Central, and West Fox's and CBS's that they can just come to my house and watch the games.

I dont doubt many are not going to reup this year. It is too expensive for some.

I also do not doubt that it is still a money maker overall for D*.

I thought about splitting bill just to keep out traditional Sunday gathering amoung Friends, But I can Just stay home and watch my games locally. I got enough East, Central, and West Fox's and CBS's that they can just come to my house and watch the games.

All american? In HD? For that price, one could get ST and superfan. :p

What ever you want to tell yourself.:rolleyes:
I knew 6 people who subscribed last year. This year ZERO!

I didn't say, NO ONE would cancel, I just think it's not as bad as some make it out to be.

People have been saying they are canceling now for 15 years .....
And many have, but on the other hand, look at how many people sign up and start D* every September with thier NFL package ...

I cancelled Sunday ticket three weeks ago, the guy offered some deal at that time, but he couldn't convince me. Now, two days ago got a bill, and thre was a line for Superfan $16.xx for 1 of 6 payments. So I called D* and they said that it was not cancelled. The guy offered $24.99 for 6 months + Superfan free + $5 off for 6 monhs for movie package. I agreed, need that Favre fix this year.

hmm i called today to cancel NFL ST and got: $34.95 for 6 months on ST , $50 off SF and $6.00 off DVR service for 6 months.

i took it as i think i save around $125-$150 which is better than nada. but, it IS getting expensive and i wish SF would be included in the price. not too sure if i'll keep it next year.

hmm i called today to cancel NFL ST and got: $34.95 for 6 months on ST , $50 off SF and $6.00 off DVR service for 6 months.

i took it as i think i save around $125-$150 which is better than nada. but, it IS getting expensive and i wish SF would be included in the price. not too sure if i'll keep it next year.

I hope in the next year or so that SF will go away and be included as other carriers like cable and possibly Dish will have a Red Zone Channel. I know htere is more to the SF package than just the Red Zone Channel but it will put pressure on Directv and how they plan on countering will be interesting.

I would love to get Sunday Ticket, but since I get every Steelers game anyway and the price being so high, I can't justify getting it.

I hope in the next year or so that SF will go away and be included as other carriers like cable and possibly Dish will have a Red Zone Channel. I know htere is more to the SF package than just the Red Zone Channel but it will put pressure on Directv and how they plan on countering will be interesting.

well, my main gripe as i'm sure it is with many others is; if i'm paying for HD access already then why should i have to pay for superfan just to get the HD feeds? of course i guess i don't HAVE to pay for SF but, then that would defeat the purpose of having HD. personally i really don't care too much about red zone channel, etc. hell i don't even know what SF includes other than HD and red zone. player tracker maybe? i guess that's a value for some people but, still not worth the $100.

i just think it's expensive enough as is and the package should include HD for those that have and pay for HD access. i don't have to pay for it w/ MLB EI. well, i'm sure i do inadvertently... maybe if NFL ST included the HD feeds and then a lower priced SF package for red zone and player tracker would be an option it'd be easier to swallow. long story short NFL ST should have HD feeds included in the price. it's not exactly cheap and yeah you CAN cancel it but, that's not the issue.

I think the HD should be included in the plan for HD subscribers. I'd even suffer the SD version if the quality of the SD picture was as good as other SD channels, but its way worse. Muddy, rainbows on all of the white lines on the field, and during high motion scenes like kickoffs the whole picture blurs.

Really made me feel good about my $280 investment last year when it wasnt until week 2 that I learned that HD wasnt included in the base package.

All american? In HD? For that price, one could get ST and superfan. :p
Your Right, But I don't have D*. And NFL ST in HD is only 6 hours a week for 17 weeks for that price.

AAD is 24/7/365 programming . SD All America for $12.99 gets me 3-5 different football games every Sunday, Plus the 3 my own locals carry ,and the 2-3 that are on my AAD in HD from Chicago. Total $25 per month

So at $300 a year I can watch News from Other DMA's, plus catch programming I may have missed and watch ,Nascar,College FootBall,Other auto racing as well as 8-11 different football games every Sunday 5 in HD .
Or $370 per year for NFL ST in HD and thats it !!! All YEAR!!!.

I made my choice! ;):p

Ill take sunday ticket and SF at the same price as your AAD(even though I am not paying that much) with my locals in HD for that programming. Different people, different needs and wants though, and that is fine.

As long as we both enjoy it. Right?:up

again......... msmith198025 got me a great deal!!!! i am paying less than last year with free superfan. hooray for smith!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts