Good deal NFL-ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Question:

I have had DirecTV for a week or so now with my MDU company

Who do I call to negotiate for Sunday Ticket? DirecTV or the MDU group?

Worked for me too!!!

Thanks for the suggestion! I called tonight and was very honest. I told the person that I was cancelling me ST and SF if they did not give the $24 deal for 6 months with free SF. They forwarded me to programming dept and gave me the deal.....with no problems at all.

Now, if I can find a way to get a deal on upgrading one of my DVR's to an HDDVR.

Thanks for the suggestion! I called tonight and was very honest. I told the person that I was cancelling me ST and SF if they did not give the $24 deal for 6 months with free SF. They forwarded me to programming dept and gave me the deal.....with no problems at all.

Now, if I can find a way to get a deal on upgrading one of my DVR's to an HDDVR.
Do you have an HD box at all right now?
If not, is there any advantage to getting superfan? I forget from last year, besides HD, what all comes with it?

For me Redzone is the only thing I use. Some people watch the games on their computer or use the game mix. The stat tracker is pretty much useless. Since he got it for free it doesn't matter much.

I just got the 24.99 for 6 months and Superfan free deal. It went pretty smooth. First offer was 34.99 then I finally got the 24.99. Once again, this board has saved me lots of money. Thanks

What number did you call and what options did you select to get to the right person?

Update: I have called 3 times and its still the normal price :( is everyone getting the lower rate because you had it in the past and you are now threatening to cancel it? If anyone can give me any tips I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Broken record: got the same 24.99 X 6 with free SF. I was a renewing customer that had decided to cancel. Very accommodating CSR. I did have to refuse 5 offers before I got the one I wanted though. HTH.:cool:

What number did you call and what options did you select to get to the right person?

Update: I have called 3 times and its still the normal price :( is everyone getting the lower rate because you had it in the past and you are now threatening to cancel it? If anyone can give me any tips I would appreciate it.
Yes, I had it last year and was not going to renew. That is when they started to negotiate.

What is your situation?

I never had NFLST before and thought about getting it for the first time this year. I had DTV at my parents house for a few years and I just moved out 3 months ago and had DTV installed at my place.
How long since your current contract started?
Any way you can find out? If you are out of commitment that may give you some wiggle room. Otherwise, I honestly do not see them moving much if any on the price as a first time ST sub that already has service.

Then again, CSRs are notorious for offering different deals.

msmith198025 I owe you an apology I was the first to respond to this thread and did not believe you. Well I called today and got NFL sunday ticket and superfan for 24.99 for 6 months . So I am sorry for doubting you and you are the man.

msmith198025 I owe you an apology I was the first to respond to this thread and did not believe you. Well I called today and got NFL sunday ticket and superfan for 24.99 for 6 months . So I am sorry for doubting you and you are the man.

Hey man, no problem:up

Glad you got a deal, and glad I could help;)

Yes

Do you have an HD box at all right now?
If not, is there any advantage to getting superfan? I forget from last year, besides HD, what all comes with it?

Yes, I have an HD DVR in my living room. I would like to switch out my DVR in my bedroom for another HD DVR. Not sure the advantage other than HD (which to me is a huge advantage) BUT......... now it's FREE!

Damn. I tried to order ST tonight but couldn't get anything below the regular price. Now, he did offer $5 off movie channels but I don't have any :(

I am a new customer though so I understand wanting to give deals to older customers.

Fair enough :)

You know, I find it hard to call ANYTHING a good deal under ANY circumstances when it is essentially a monopolistic rip-off as it is...

Just my opinion...;)

can anyone give me the retention number or the number u have to call to speak to a csr rep to cancel? They charged me for it already but it's too much and I would like to cancel unless they give me a deal. Thanks guys.

You know, I find it hard to call ANYTHING a good deal under ANY circumstances when it is essentially a monopolistic rip-off as it is...

Just my opinion...;)

can anyone give me the retention number or the number u have to call to speak to a csr rep to cancel? They charged me for it already but it's too much and I would like to cancel unless they give me a deal. Thanks guys.

Wow....just....wow....:rolleyes:

Was the charge a First timer this year or Auto renew? If Auto Renew call the standard Directv number and ask if there is a better deal to get NFLST. It took me 2 refusals before getting it at 24.99 * 6MO.

If you are a first timer I don't see you getting it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.