Good deal NFL-ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Was the charge a First timer this year or Auto renew? If Auto Renew call the standard Directv number and ask if there is a better deal to get NFLST. It took me 2 refusals before getting it at 24.99 * 6MO.

If you are a first timer I don't see you getting it.
I am curious about that as well.

If it was a first timer charge, then I would say you are out of luck, and maybe rightly so.
If it is only auto renew, you have something to work with

If it was a first timer charge, then I would say you are out of luck, and maybe rightly so.

Well, we'll soon find out. I've never had NFL ST and may call to see if I can get a deal. If not, oh well. I'll just have to be satisfied with what the networks show. And my team is local, so it's not like I need it for that. The only reason I'm interested is to have the Red Zone Channels for the time slots my Browns aren't playing.

I called the regular DirecTV number and said "cancel Sunday Ticket". That probably got me to someone familiar with the "deals" being offered. I said I wanted to cancel as it was too expensive for a "retiree" and he first told me that I was being offered the lowest rate for previous subscribers. I told him that I understood that but that I couldn't afford it. He then offered me $20 addtional off my bill for the next 6 months. Once I made sure it was $20 for each month and didn't impact my aniversary discount, I accpeted. So I got ST and SuperFan for just under $250. To be honest, any higher and I would have still cancelled. I guess now DirecTV gets to show they got $369 for ST/SuperFan but had $120 in expenses. Probably makes the revenue side of ST look better so they can justify to Board/Stockholders the high cost they pay the NFL.

can anyone give me the retention number or the number u have to call to speak to a csr rep to cancel? They charged me for it already but it's too much and I would like to cancel unless they give me a deal. Thanks guys.

Here's a portion of the D* email that O received regarding cancelling ST:

D* CS email said:
I'm sorry to hear you consider canceling your subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. We'd like to speak with you before we make any changes to your programming package. To remove NFL SUNDAY TICKET please call us at 1-800-531-5000. A voice prompt will ask you to identify the reason for your call, mention "disconnect NFL SUNDAY TICKET" and your call will be handled by a customer service representative.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I called a few minutes ago and got the deal that most here are getting...$24.99 + free SuperFan. As some here have mentioned, it wasn't the first offer. Actually, I had thought that the CS was going to go ahead and cancel but there was a pause and the last deal was offered. My CS was very curteous over the phone. We talked a little about the economy, etc, and she understood the situation.

It's a bummer that new customers apparently don't get the lower-price offers but as someone here mentioned, I guess in these (economic) times, they are trying to minimize the # of cancellations. I've been a ST subs since I started with DTV in '99 .

OT: I cancelled my Gameplan at the same time since I'm needing to reduce my overall D* cost. The CS did mention that they can't offer any discounts with GP as they are with ST.

Ironic, my DTV bill is my most expensive monthly pymt these days.

How long until the discount shows up on your bill on directv.com?

I just got the deal but want to know it actually went through.

Thanks everyone for helping us out!

It was auto renew from last year. So i just call 1800 directv and say i want to cancel?

Just called and I got the deal for $20 off and superfan for free. How long does it take to update the superfan for free? They already took it out of my card for this month, so was I supposed to get credited for it?

It was auto renew from last year. So i just call 1800 directv and say i want to cancel?
That is what I would do.
Tell them it is too expensive for you this year, and they should work with you.

Edit: I see you already did.
Yes, that should credit back, but watch it closely

How long until the discount shows up on your bill on directv.com?

I just got the deal but want to know it actually went through.

Thanks everyone for helping us out!
It should show up within the day

Just called them back and the rude csr had the nerve to say they can't give both $20 off and free superfan and when i said my friend had got it she said i doubt he did. So I just hung up on her rude ***. So guys make sure that Superfan is credited for free under your account as well. Mine still says 16.50 per month, still not bad if u think about it, 249 but it's better than 369 or whatever.

My CSR said that I would get credited the amount that showed up on my July billing statement. The credit would be applied at the end of the ST season. I did check my online acct later today after I had talked to D* and the free SuperFan is indicated on my packaging page online.

Also, my GamePlan cancellation has been updated on my online acct pkg page.

Just called them back and the rude csr had the nerve to say they can't give both $20 off and free superfan and when i said my friend had got it she said i doubt he did. So I just hung up on her rude ***. So guys make sure that Superfan is credited for free under your account as well. Mine still says 16.50 per month, still not bad if u think about it, 249 but it's better than 369 or whatever.

They wouldn't do it for me either so I canceled.

One thing to keep in mind, as the vets here have mentioned previously, is that you may get a different deal and/or info about a DTV programming issue by calling back and talking to a different CSR. I remember when I first had HD installed, I wasn't getting any of the MLB games in HD from my Extra Innings pkg. I guessed that the reason was due to the fact that I wasn't yet authorized for the EI HD part of the pkg (I forget what it's called...same thing as SF with ST). I had to call a 2nd CSR to get the issue fixed. The 1st CSR didn't know about the EI HD pkg.

Give it until your next billing statement and call back. Make sure you get names when they offer you these deals, and employee numbers. It helps if there are problems.

As I'd mentioned before, my csr said $20/mo/6 months and free superfan, but when I checked my bill I was getting charged for the superfan. I called a second time and the csr said he saw the notes on my account from the day before indicating the credits and free superfan, asked his supervisor and credited me for the 16.50.

Now I just have to watch it next month to see if they charge me $16.50 again or not.

Give it until your next billing statement and call back. Make sure you get names when they offer you these deals, and employee numbers. It helps if there are problems.
they might also charge it and give you a credit for the same amount. i believe it's $16.50 a month for 6 months charge on superfan. i'm getting a 6 month credit for $20. which means superfan is free and NFLST is also a little less.

I'll start by saying that I lurk from time to time since you guys are a well informed board and provide good information.

Well I just tried to call and they would only give me the $20 off per month for 6 months. They would not give me Superfan for free. They said I had it free last year so they couldn't do it this year. I cancelled. But I do really want it. Do you think if I called back at a later date to add it back on, would I still be able to get a good deal?

Thanks

I'll start by saying that I lurk from time to time since you guys are a well informed board and provide good information.

Well I just tried to call and they would only give me the $20 off per month for 6 months. They would not give me Superfan for free. They said I had it free last year so they couldn't do it this year. I cancelled. But I do really want it. Do you think if I called back at a later date to add it back on, would I still be able to get a good deal?

Thanks
i would try. couldn't hurt. let us know........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)