Good deal NFL-ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll start by saying that I lurk from time to time since you guys are a well informed board and provide good information.

Well I just tried to call and they would only give me the $20 off per month for 6 months. They would not give me Superfan for free. They said I had it free last year so they couldn't do it this year. I cancelled. But I do really want it. Do you think if I called back at a later date to add it back on, would I still be able to get a good deal?

Thanks

Just wanted to let you know I got Superfan for free last year and I also got the $20 off a month and Superfan free deal this year. So, it is possible.

We just called today. Got our bill in the mail and the notification for ST renewal was on the bill. So, we called up DirecTV and said its too much money and we can't do it this year to see what kind of deal we would get. Last year we went with that big promotion they had where you get Premiere free for 4 months if you get ST. They first offered us $5 off per month for ST and we said no and then they offered $10 and we said no and then we asked if there was any deal they could give us for Superfan. After negotiating for a while the person on the phone offered us $120 off ST so its like getting Superfan for free and then getting an extra $20 off. Pretty sweet deal. We are satisfied with that.

We just called today. Got our bill in the mail and the notification for ST renewal was on the bill. So, we called up DirecTV and said its too much money and we can't do it this year to see what kind of deal we would get. Last year we went with that big promotion they had where you get Premiere free for 4 months if you get ST. They first offered us $5 off per month for ST and we said no and then they offered $10 and we said no and then we asked if there was any deal they could give us for Superfan. After negotiating for a while the person on the phone offered us $120 off ST so its like getting Superfan for free and then getting an extra $20 off. Pretty sweet deal. We are satisfied with that.

yeah that's the same deal i got and i'm very happy with it too. congrats matt :up

MSMITH - You, sir, are a stud for starting this thread!

Called this afternoon and spoke with a very sweet young lady who gave me the shop. I'm a 9 year DTV customer, never late with a payment and never bug them for anything (probably their ideal customer).

Won't post the specifics (don't brag) but she beat every deal I've read about on the thread so far.

Kindness, not begging, does work if you happen to draw the right person and your account is well cared for.

MSMITH - You, sir, are a stud for starting this thread!

Called this afternoon and spoke with a very sweet young lady who gave me the shop. I'm a 9 year DTV customer, never late with a payment and never bug them for anything (probably their ideal customer).

Won't post the specifics (don't brag) but she beat every deal I've read about on the thread so far.

Kindness, not begging, does work if you happen to draw the right person and your account is well cared for.

Mike, glad you got the deal of the thread :up Makes me think I should have held out for a better deal since I'm in the same group as you with my 10-yr good-cust DTV standing. As you guys here probably know, DTV has a "tier" of customer ratings which they access when you call a CS to talk pricing, etc.

I know that I'm (and Mike here as well) in the top tier category so I'd guess I could have gotten a better deal. However, I'm happy with the deal I got from them.

Ditto, MSMITH :up "You da man" :bow

Glad it is working out for most:up
bowing.gif
:D

Anyone think that if you call on or after Tuesday the 21st you might get even a better deal as that is when the offical NFL ST deals starts for new subs?

Anyone think that if you call on or after Tuesday the 21st you might get even a better deal as that is when the offical NFL ST deals starts for new subs?
This is what i am going to try. I joined Direct in December of 08 so i have not gotten a chance to buy the ticket. I will however give it a shot!:D

I called today to cancel my ST. (Before reading on here actually) I explained my team (Steelers) is out of my market, but will have a ton of nationally televised games, so I cannot justify the cost. She gave me the $20 off for 6 month deal right away, and I jumped on it. I am still getting Super Fan for free just like last year. D* made me a happy customer yet again for 6 years running! :up

I called today to cancel my ST. (Before reading on here actually) I explained my team (Steelers) is out of my market, but will have a ton of nationally televised games, so I cannot justify the cost. She gave me the $20 off for 6 month deal right away, and I jumped on it. I am still getting Super Fan for free just like last year. D* made me a happy customer yet again for 6 years running! :up

Just curious about your SF. Did you have to call last year to get SF free?

Just curious about your SF. Did you have to call last year to get SF free?

Yes. I acted dumbfounded to find out I had to pay $100 more to see the NFL ST games in HD when I subscribe to the HD service, and directv does nothing but open an imaginary "gate" to let me see them. I told them if I can't have the games in HD for free, forget it, I would just not get the ST. They didn't even hesitate and gave it to me a $99 credit on my next month bill.

Thats the same tact I used. Guy offered me the $20/six months and I said "You know, last year after I upgraded to HD receivers and HD service, I didnt even know I didnt get the NFLST games in HD until week two when you shut those channels off. If I cant watch the games in HD or if I have to pay an extra $100 on top of the package cost, then I think I'll pass".

And he gave me the SF for free. They really should part out the HD from the rest of superfan and either charge $50 for HD and $50 for the rest of the SF stuff or give the HD option for free to HD subscribers and charge $50 for the rest of SF. Theres nothing 'super fanish" about wanting to watch games you've subscribed to on your HD receiver attached to your HD television. The red zone/game-mix/pc access/fantasty football stuff and all that is super fanish, but I dont want that, care about it, or want to pay for it...

Thats the same tact I used. Guy offered me the $20/six months and I said "You know, last year after I upgraded to HD receivers and HD service, I didnt even know I didnt get the NFLST games in HD until week two when you shut those channels off. If I cant watch the games in HD or if I have to pay an extra $100 on top of the package cost, then I think I'll pass".

And he gave me the SF for free. They really should part out the HD from the rest of superfan and either charge $50 for HD and $50 for the rest of the SF stuff or give the HD option for free to HD subscribers and charge $50 for the rest of SF. Theres nothing 'super fanish" about wanting to watch games you've subscribed to on your HD receiver attached to your HD television. The red zone/game-mix/pc access/fantasty football stuff and all that is super fanish, but I dont want that, care about it, or want to pay for it...

That's the same way I see this as well. I can't see paying extra for HD acess to these games. I don't use the other SF features so I also wouldn't sign up for SF except for the HS issue. I think the SF Red Zone and other things are great for the fans that want them but the HD access should be automatic with anyone that has DTV's HD svc pkg's.

Well I ended up getting the $20/Six months deal and 1/2 price off the SF so I was happy with that. They wouldn't give it to me for free which I didn't really understand, but that's ok, I have gotten so much from them in the past I can't complain. I have been with them for 8 1/2 years by the way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts