GoogleTV

What are you guys talking about? IIRC you already pay an extra $4 for the 922!

READ the whole post. I was stating why I think DISH does NOT allow Google software to be ported to the 922. IT would mean no extra $4.00 fee for google features on top of the Sling fee of $4.00 and the Dvr fee of $6.00 .

Dish tech support CSR just confirmed to me that the 612 DVR will not work with GoogleTV--just 622, 722, and 722k. Don't know if this is temporary or whether Dish has no plans to upgrade the 612 to make it work.

Dish tech support CSR just confirmed to me that the 612 DVR will not work with GoogleTV--just 622, 722, and 722k. Don't know if this is temporary or whether Dish has no plans to upgrade the 612 to make it work.

So no 922 support? That is a dumb move on Dish part. The folks who own the 922 are the ones who will more than likely get the google box. If true dumb dish just dumb.

MikeD-C05 said:
Charlie said on last month's Charlie Chat that the 922 does NOT have the processing speed to do google search features, even though this receiver was sold to the public with these search features listed in CES videos form Scott and others. SO he said that you would need the new vapor ware receiver the "923" to have full integrated experience. In other words we were sold a "buggy piece of sh*t "of a receiver. By the way that is my nickname for the 922 in the remote access . So unless Charlie was Wrong and the dish engineers have figured how to do google and they are not telling us, we won't get google.

I find this idea about processing power to be false, because I already have dnla support using play on applications. I can watch Netflix , Hula shows just fine over the 922 NOW. I can see them adding search features for the internet as well. All they need to do is the proper software download and it should work. But that would defeat the whole idea of the $4.00 google fee and selling the stand alone google box too. So who knows?

Thanks. How do you get play on running through the 922? I thought it had to run through a gaming console such as a wii?

Very interesting that it is only going to work with the 622, 722 and 722k (per the find print at the bottom of the website linked in the previous post. So they are hanging the "flagship" 922 out to dry?

Very interesting that it is only going to work with the 622, 722 and 722k (per the find print at the bottom of the website linked in the previous post. So they are hanging the "flagship" 922 out to dry?

Dish has a bad product in the 922 with a bad chipsets maybe?

Is the 923 due out soon and will the current 922 owners be able to upgrade without a penalty?

How would this thing work with my projector? I would love to surf the net on a 106" screen. I can understand it working directly from the box to a tv. I have my 722 hdmi out going to my Yamaha receiver and from the Yamaha hdmi out to my 1080p projector. This is an extra connection that I am not sure that a stereo receiver can handle.

How would this thing work with my projector? I would love to surf the net on a 106" screen. I can understand it working directly from the box to a tv. I have my 722 hdmi out going to my Yamaha receiver and from the Yamaha hdmi out to my 1080p projector. This is an extra connection that I am not sure that a stereo receiver can handle.

I have a similar setup

I'm hoping this will pass thru the signal when the Logitech box is off. Then it only gives you the 'google tv' interface when it is turned on.

If not I'd have to get an HDMI splitter. One going to my stereo receiver for normal viewing and one to the Logitech box with the HDMI out going to the stereo receiver for Google TV viewing.

lakebum431 said:

I chatted with Dish technical support earlier and specifically asked if Google TV would work with the 922. I was assured that it would as well as the 622, 722, and 722K.

These are the compatible Dish Network receivers that can be controlled through HDMI straight off of Logitech's site:

Duo ViP 222
Duo ViP 222K
Solo ViP 211K/211/411
Solo DVR ViP 612
Solo 381
DISH 501
DISH 508
DISH Player-DVR 510
DuoDVR™ 522 & 625
DuoDVR™ 942
DuoDVR™ ViP 622
DuoDVR™ ViP 722
DuoDVR™ ViP 722K

Revue Customer Care-Answers

Which Set-top box models support the DISH Network enhanced DVR integration feature?

Supported models include, the DISH Network ViP-722K, ViP-722 and ViP-622.

http://revue.logitech.com/MartiniWe...4&strText=487&sub_cat=Reference&source=search

Yup! No 922.

And here's what that $4.99 Integration Fee goes towards:

What are the DISH Network enhanced DVR integration features?

The enhanced DVR integration features are:

DVR Recordings are indexed and included in Quick Search Box results.
Recordings can be set from Quick Search Box results
DISH Cinema integration
Access your DVR Recordings in Queue

http://revue.logitech.com/MartiniWe...6&strText=487&sub_cat=Reference&source=search

Whats a 942?

Don't know... typo maybe?

Also an interesting question from Engadget's Live Blog:

Q: Can the cable companies or DirecTV block the Revue if they think it's a threat? A: It's not a threat -- it's an enabler, not a competitor. Second, there's not a way, it's just HDMI.

So unless DISH wants to mess with the HDMI code. There's on way to block receivers that don't have the "Enhanced Integration". So if you don't want it, don't get it, and don't worry about using IR blasters the commands still go over the HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts