GoogleTV

chess said:
the website doesn't list the 922 as compatible.

What is strange is that at the google conference dish claims that the box will integrate with sling. Scott can you verify if the 922 will work with google integration as it seems that dish is putting out two different answers. One is it well another it will not what is the right answer.

The enhanced DVR integration features are:

* DVR Recordings are indexed and included in Quick Search Box results.
* Recordings can be set from Quick Search Box results
* DISH Cinema integration
* Access your DVR Recordings in Queue

$4.99 a month for that! Are they kidding ? I'm getting tired of recurring monthly fees in general but that's really ridiculous .

In talking with Dish they indicated to me they will pushing the Logitech box, which will be $179 to Dish customers, or $299 retail at Best Buy and Amazon

Dish's GoogleTV page was updated again. Not much new info except for this neat little tidbit:

Digital Set-up Ensures Speed
and Reliability

No IR blaster required for set-up with DISH Network. Simply connect the Logitech Revue Companion Box and your DISH receiver to your home network. With a wireless home network, just connect the Revue box to the network and use a single Ethernet cable between the Revue box and the DISH receiver to provide Internet connectivity to both devices.

So this essentially turned the Revue into a wireless adapter for your DISH receiver. Kinda neat. (And it would free up a port on my network bridge too. Maybe now my 922's broadband icon will stop turning yellow and red.)
GoogleTV - DISH Network

Looks like you can record website videos on the Dish DVR hard drive??? If so, I would like that.

Hey ya! If the 922 get's that feature too then the video could be Sling'ed too! This is getting better and better IMO. :up

I was so excited, my DirecTV contracted ended I was saving up to switch to DIsh and upgrade to in the switch to a 922 and also buy the Google TV so I would have the best of everything. I want to Switch to Dish.

Then I went to the dish web site and it says the 922 is not compatible.
Looks like I need to just buy a normal Google TV and stay with DirecTV or wait some more.

This is so strange that the flag ship DVR from dish does not work with Google TV.
Am I missing something?

Here is the site that says NO 922
GoogleTV - DISH Network

I also checked the Logitech web site and the 922 is not listed.

Thanks. How do you get play on running through the 922? I thought it had to run through a gaming console such as a wii?

Paid for a Play on membership and downloaded it to my computer. Then I plugged my ethernet cable into a sling link plug from by router. I plugged my 922 into the outlet directly with no surge protector in my living room. Hit home media option under menu and Play on application is listed . (But make sure your computer is turned on so the Play on application will be seen by the 922.) Select Play on application ,select Hula or Netflix (if you have a member ship ) and you can watch movies and Hula episodes .

At the google demo today they claimed that with a compatible dish receiver you can record content
from the internret. The claimed that this feature only works with dish receiver.

The 622/722/722K did not work with Google until this latest software update. Scott has said an up date for the 922 should be out "soon" so maybe we will be able to use the Revue after that. I'll get one and use it on one of my 622s in the meantime.

Scott, is there any way that you can find out if the Google TV will work with the 922 or if they ever plan to make it work. Or is it the red headed stepchild if Dish receivers now?

Scott, is there any way that you can find out if the Google TV will work with the 922 or if they ever plan to make it work. Or is it the red headed stepchild if Dish receivers now?

I have been told in the past it will... I am thinking the 942 listed is supposed to be the 922. :)

Considering that DISH will not let you add a 942 to your account and they don't support it anymore , I am betting that is a typo too.

I'm pretty sure the 922 is supported. I (as you know from my earlier threads on this), think this is a really cool product. If they would come down off of that fee, I would add one to my 722K. That would keep me from having to fire up the airplane Xbox 360 Elite I bought years ago to watch Netflix and my personal digitized movie/series library.

I'm pretty sure the 922 is supported. I (as you know from my earlier threads on this), think this is a really cool product. If they would come down off of that fee, I would add one to my 722K. That would keep me from having to fire up the airplane Xbox 360 Elite I bought years ago to watch Netflix and my personal digitized movie/series library.

You can still use it without the fee. It just won't have the "full" integration.

Anyway one more link before going to bed. It's Becky Worley doing a video for Twit asking some really great questions about the box with a guy from Logitech. Top Gear gets some love. :up

YouTube - Logitech's Revue Google TV demo

The enhanced DVR integration features are:

* DVR Recordings are indexed and included in Quick Search Box results.
* Recordings can be set from Quick Search Box results
* DISH Cinema integration
* Access your DVR Recordings in Queue

$4.99 a month for that! Are they kidding ? I'm getting tired of recurring monthly fees in general but that's really ridiculous .

These are pretty valuable features to me though, the inability to do this is the only reason I am debating the purchase as a D* subscriber. It's funky for the box to be able to search all of the interwebs, netflix, etc but be oblivious to the contents of my DVR.

These are pretty valuable features to me though, the inability to do this is the only reason I am debating the purchase as a D* subscriber. It's funky for the box to be able to search all of the interwebs, netflix, etc but be oblivious to the contents of my DVR.

Yep, in my opinion, it is not worth having without the integration.

Thanks for the video, Dusto. I checked Twit a while ago to see if they did a special and couldn't find one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)