Great Tool if you want an XBox360 from Best Buy

Halo3 Pack?

Did you mean Halo2 or is that just wishful thinking.....

BTW, rumors are that the game is complete... they are just waiting for the best time to release it in 2006. As Bill Gates said, probably to release around teh same time as PS3 (which would make it a November 2006 release if current rumors hold -- a big IF, given the continuing fluctuations of the PS3 spec.)

Thanks, we're all waiting with baited breath for the Halo3 announcement. The ending to Halo2 left me rather empty.

I know that The Empire Strikes Back and the Matrix Reloaded ended abruptly in their 2nd attempt, but it ticked me off when beating a fuzzy Thor wannabe was the climax of the last game.....

For simplicity sake, I recommend Halo1/2/Map Pak to describe your upcoming purchase.... Have fun with it. I've been knee deep in launch games for 2.5 months. Haven't played Halo2 like I thought I would to rebuild my save game back to Legendary Completed....... Ditto for Halo 1.

i dont know how many times they update the bestbuy tool. but yesterday when i went to visit my sisiter in Deleware i asked one of the employees if they had any XBOX 360 and he said yes. of course i was broke at the time but i have been waiting so long for one so i charged it to my bestbuy card. they had like 10 xbox 360's left all together if you combine core and premium. So if you want one i suggest you go to Dover Deleware and pick one up if you are in the area.

I dont know if the tool even works.. I checked the entire west side of michigan, all areas of chicago, detroit, indianapolis, and anything in between, and nothing. 1 store in New York, NY had some according to the tool. Guess I need to go visit some actual stores...

I can confirm it works, this is exactly how I grabbed mine. Usually it will only show stock in the morning because they will sell out by afternoon.

I live in Buford, GA. A Marietta location showed them in stock (about 45 minutes away). Drove over and picked up a Premium. This was the 1st week of January.

You shouldn't have to deal with bundles anymore as stock is starting to come in at a regular pace now....... By the middle of March, you should start to see palettes of them for sale at retailers.....

If bundles don't bother you, here is another tool that continuously scours online sites for "stock available" links......

http://xbox.clambert.org/

Sicemdawgs said:
I can confirm it works, this is exactly how I grabbed mine. Usually it will only show stock in the morning because they will sell out by afternoon.

I live in Buford, GA. A Marietta location showed them in stock (about 45 minutes away). Drove over and picked up a Premium. This was the 1st week of January.

Yep tool does work but you gotta move fast until inventory catches up. I got to store as they just arrived. They stuffed in office and were chewing threw them as I got there. This was late January. Things will change but you gotta move fast.

Well I've been using the link that Bob provided and after a month of keeping an eye on my local Best Buy I FINALLY scored one (premium):D . Thanks Bob for that link!!!!:up

From a post on XBox.com.....

I got my 360 prem early Wen morning this week at Target. This is how I did it

If you call there 1800 before the stores open (say 7am, stores open at 8am) and give them your location info and the product # and they will search the inventory of all Target stores in your area. Including any stock that came on the truck the night before. Hope this helps anyone still looking. On the second morning of calling, I scored my 360 premium. Here is exactly what to do.

Call Target.. 1-800-303-0308 hit 3-3-2-1 to talk to a rep.
Give them your location info and then ask them to do a inventory search of the product numbers below.
product numbers:
XBOX 360 premium 207-21-0001
XBOX 360 Base 207-21-0002

thiggin2 said:
Well I've been using the link that Bob provided and after a month of keeping an eye on my local Best Buy I FINALLY scored one (premium):D . Thanks Bob for that link!!!!:up

Glad I could help........

I can't believe they are still having problems catching up to demand, but there are still a bunch of folks trying to flip them on Ebay.......

Thanks for the Target info Bob. Still no luck though no one has any stock in my area. When I ask them if they know when any more will arrive I get "We don't know, check back tomorrow." It also aggravates me that big stores like Walmart only sell xbox 360's online in the $800 bundles while the $399 and $299 still list SOLD OUT.
Don't they know the would sell alot more units if they let the CUSTOMER choose what they wanted with the 360, by not shoving loads of games and controllers down their throat?

BobMurdoch said:
I can't believe they are still having problems catching up to demand, but there are still a bunch of folks trying to flip them on Ebay.......
Well I got mine at lunch time and when I got home after work they were gone. There was a few BestBuys in the area that had them and they were all sold out but the time they closed for the night.

A few suggestions.......

1. Get to the stores early. You have a better chance getting one at 8am when Target opens versus 5pm....

2. Keep trying the weblinks I've given. It will be way less stressful than driving all over the place.....

3. Be persistent. Trying once every three weeks won't work. There WILL be palettes of them on sale eventually at stores, but I think that won't be happening until at least the summer when the hardcore fans get their's and the EBay profiteers go away.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts