Great Tool if you want an XBox360 from Best Buy

The Core systems seem to be a failure in that most just buy them and get the hard drives. They can point to the units sold and say it was a success UNTIL XMas 2006 when demand plunges once there are sufficient premium systems available......

I'm more concerned about the backwards compatibility issues. WHY are they releasing original XBox games that won't work on the 360? I had to pull the XBox out of my stack and move it to my kid's room since I ran out of Video Inputs on my receiver. I will never buy another XBox game that won't work on the 360. You would think that the publishers could figure this out......

yeah I know it sucks the other night I wanted to play poker on XBOX Live and got the stupid message that the game was not supported by XBOX360 yet. :(

Anyone know of an updated list of what works?

The good news is my favorite series returns in a few weeks to the XBOX360. I am looking forward to Burnout. :D

I'm with you, Scott re: Burnout Revenge..... I was disappointed in Full Auto. It was supposed to be THE title to get, but reviews have been just OK and Burnout will be tough to beat for me..... I downloaded the demo for Full Auto and was underwhelmed.

I'm still waiting for a car racing/demolition derby game like Carmageddon (the original one that was just racing and none of those stupid missions)

Last edited:
I cannot believe these are still so hard to get. My son and I waited outside of Walmart on Jan 1st at 3:30am until 6am. We were the first in line (for the first hour we were the only ones in line). At 6am we walked in and had our choice of a Premium or core. Of coarse we got the Premium system, that's a no brainer.

Well I got one!!!!!!!!! But it didnt come from BB, so no reward points. But I got what I wanted, a premium unit without a bundle, from Kmart online. Gonna have it tomorrow! Woohoo! Thanks for the links!

Now I can use my giftcards at BB to get just a few games I really want, and not have to pay out tons for a premium bundle that most places have when they have any in stock.

I'm assuming you got the Premium. Pick up the Play and Charge kit if you haven't already to avoid having to buy a bunch of batteries constantly....

Definitely sign up with a credit card to get Xbox live gold.... the Arcade section is the killer app..... Smash TV, Hexic, and Geometry Wars are like the quarter popping, addictive as crack, games of yesteryear....

Yeah i said I got a premium unit, but it doesnt stand out in the sentence. What kind of batteries does it use, because I have a AA charger with 8 batteries (4 in my PS2 controller). Or is the play and charge kit still recommended?

jbcheshire said:
Why should I use my credit card to sign up for this instead of picking up a 12month+1month card at a retailer or on ebay for less?

I put everything on my credit card to maximize reward miles and I don't have to worry about having to sneakernet it over to a store to pick one up every year. If there are substantial savings with the retail version vs. the automatic renewal I'd be intereseted to hear about the differences. (You state the 13 months for the price of 12 advantage already)

Kirby Baker said:
Yeah i said I got a premium unit, but it doesnt stand out in the sentence. What kind of batteries does it use, because I have a AA charger with 8 batteries (4 in my PS2 controller). Or is the play and charge kit still recommended?

Sorry, I read it and blew right by it (that'll teach me to speed read).....

AA batteries are used, so you are all set.

I get about 30 hours out of my rechargeable battery pack.... I'm guessing you should expect close to the same....

jbcheshire said:
I have heard that they are supposed to update the backward compatible games list THIS month (march). What i was told by someone at GameStop...

They REALLY need to fix this. Why are they selling ANY new original XBox games that aren't compatible? I would have bought "Black" but it won't play on my 360 (My original XBox was moved to my son's room as I ran out of inputs on my receiver - and I'm not playing any games on a 19" screen like he has). They have basically KILLED the sales figures for a lot of software for this reason if I am representative of the early adopters.

I know that EA is going the weasel route and making us buy all new games, (I'll shell it out somewhat gladly for Burnout Revenge since I'm getting new content vs. the original, but I'm angry that I had to pay more for Madden 2006 and found it to be HALF the game of the original version (No Madden Cards, cut rate announcers, less game modes).

Bob,
If you check on Ebay you can get those 12+1 memberships and the regular 1 year memberships for around $40-50 at "buy it now". Since the retailers sell these 1 years for $69, you are saving some bucks.

Yeah, i hate that i can't get the new xbox games for my 360. But what i do is I go to GameStop (they were just bought by EB games or someone else) and buy used games since will let you return a used one within 7 days if you don't like it. However, they will not let you return a new one... So, it may mean you have to wait longer to play a new release but you can still return it if you don't like it. Or, you can go to blockbuster and rent it first before you buy...

I have been buying used Xbox games when i catch them cheap enough knowing that eventually MS plans on making over 90% of them compatible on the 360. If they don't then i will just take them back to GS and get some store credit...

I'm just worried that they have only added the Splinter Cell games in the almost five months it has been since the game system shipped.

My automatic renewal costs me $50 a year so it is close to a wash unless they have some significant extras built in.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts