This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Grill It

Put my rub on the steaks, then after an hour or so added 1 tsp Claudes Marinate, 1 Table spoon of sugar. 2 tablespoon's of my rub, about 1 oz of Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 oz Apple juice & 2 oz of Apple cider mixed and poured over steaks...

Caveman Steak

Modified my Weber Smoker (basically took out middle and top section) and filled the bottom with lump charcoal to use as a grill. Lit charcoal till blazing orange and threw a 3/4lb strip steak directly onto the coals. Cooked apx. 3 minutes per side and let rest for 10 minutes. Topped with julienned pablano peppers, green peppers & shallots sauted in butter and garlic.

Beer Braised Brisket

Did this on the Performer yesturday. Sorry for the crappy pictures at the end. Only needed one pint of Stout for the cook. Had to drink the rest, so the pic quality suffered.

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 176
  • photo_3.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 184
  • photo_4.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 193
  • photo_6.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 196
  • photo_9.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 180
  • photo_5.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 171
Nice. I'm doing honey/ginger marinated venison kabobs today.

Ok, I think I will be adding another grill to my family of Webers. So far I have the WSM (smoker), Weber Genesis (Natural Gas) and the tailgate companion Weber Q (propane).

The new addition? Quite possible a portable charcoal known as the Weber Smokey Joe Gold...

The Gold edition has a lid lock which makes it easier to carry and store because it seals tight. The lid lock also doubles as a lid holder while grilling. The main reason for this potential purchase is that I recently went on a camping trip. I brought my WSM and used the bottom third of the smoker as a charcoal grill. While it worked fine, it was quite big to lug around just for camping or outdoor picnics. I think the Smokey Gold would be much easier to travel with. And with the locking handle, I am thinking about just leaving it in the trunk for whenever I get the spontaneous urge to grill!

What do you think? Anyone else have the Smokey Joe Gold?

I have a Smokey Joe. Not the Gold edition though. I love it. It is a great little grill. I take it to NASCAR races. I also use it in my garage for small cooks if it's raining. Buy it. You won't regret it.

I have a Smokey Joe. Not the Gold edition though. I love it. It is a great little grill. I take it to NASCAR races. I also use it in my garage for small cooks if it's raining. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Stopped at 3 different Weber dealers yesterday after work. Everyone had the Silver, but not the Gold. Bummer. I was hoping to take this over to Dad's house to do some table side Father's Day eats. Looks like I'll have to mail order...

Stopped at 3 different Weber dealers yesterday after work. Everyone had the Silver, but not the Gold. Bummer. I was hoping to take this over to Dad's house to do some table side Father's Day eats. Looks like I'll have to mail order...

Yep. Go Amazon.

I had one before they had the "gold" and "silver" editions, so I guess it would be the silver now.
Fantastic little grill. Id go for it.

Promo:

Free shipping on any order you place on weber.com now through 6/24/11*. Just enter promo code MAYBBQ2011 at checkout.

I think this is reason enough to pull the trigger on the Smokey Joe.