Guide not displaying categories

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickzedan

Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Since yesterday my 4 D* systems don't display the channel categories. Normally I have a menu of channels like 'local channels' 'hd channels' 'sports' et. al. but now it only shows 'All Channels' My main telly uses an HR20 running v 0x12a. Any ideas?

TIA

I had the same problem. Resetting fixed both my receivers, too.

QUestion is: why did this happen? I am a new customer and I have noticed very flakey events like this.

There is a new guide feature push the guide button once to see the catagory list, push guide button a second time to see all channels list. Some recievers need to be rebooted for the new feature to take affect. So if you only see the all channels list reboot and that should fix the problem.

why did this happen? I am a new customer and I have noticed very flakey events like this.

I'm new as well and this is the only odd thing that has happened in the last few weeks. Like any technology that gets frequent firmware updates, occasionally the software has a bug... It eventually gets fixed down the line.

You guys need to give more info, as in what model rec's are you talking about?
HR20 was mentioned, -700 or -100....
These all have different software on them, perticularlly the ones doing the CE updates.
For the HR20- there is a way to make the guide go to channels vs filters and vice versa, not sure if it has made it to the national release yet or not.
Theres also a way to show only HD channels if you have both HD and SD provided there is a SD available.

Jimbo

Theres also a way to show only HD channels if you have both HD and SD provided there is a SD available.

I had the missing category issue on an HR20-700. Can you tell me how to only show the HR channels when there is an HD and an SD? I had heard that and searched all the menus, but could not find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have the same problem on my R15-500, did a CE update a while back to get the 'don't show me the categories first' option, so haven't bothered to reboot, doesn't bother me! :)

I had the missing category issue on an HR20-700. Can you tell me how to only show the HR channels when there is an HD and an SD? I had heard that and searched all the menus, but could not find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Menu > Settings>Set Up>Display then look under Guiode HD channels, Highlight, you have an option to "Hide SD channels or Show SD channels"

This is ONLY on the HR20-700 and those perticipating in the CE updates, those not , will get them once the next National Release comes out.

Jimbo

Hr20-100

So, it is not possible to do the HD only selection with the 100 model, only the 700? will the 100 ever be able to do this...........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts