Gumble's grumble about LaRussa's HoF induction

No, the reason he's not in is because the last several Commissioners trying to show thier POWER .... They have both been useless.
I agree that Selig is useless. But Rose didn't help himself. He knew gambling was against the rules but he still did it and denied it after.

Rose would have been elected to the HOF had Selig not changed the rules. He was eligible to be on the ballot until he made the HOF change the rules to not allow people who are banned from baseball to be on the ballot.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Had Rose admitted it years ago when they gave him the chance he would be in the hall now. His ego denied it when they had him dead to rights. That is why he is banned and remains so. The only reason he finally came clean was because he needed money. Yes he was a great player but he is no saint.

I agree. But, I also think with what has happened since, it is stupid to keep him banned.

I agree. But, I also think with what has happened since, it is stupid to keep him banned.
I will agree with that. Does the commissioner have final say over who is allowed into the hall. Isn't there a separation between the BHOF and MLB?

I think as long as he is banned by the Commissioner, he isn't considered eligible by the Baseball Writer's of America. I think the HOF is really a "caretaker" for lack of a better term.

I will agree with that. Does the commissioner have final say over who is allowed into the hall. Isn't there a separation between the BHOF and MLB?
Yes, the Commissioner has the call, if the next commish decides Rose has had enough, he'll be eligible, then he has to be voted in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)