Hanging ku lnbf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olegray

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
w. arkansas
To hang a standard Ku lnbf from the scalar ring on a 71/2 ft dish, would I want to hang it at the three o'clock position looking at the back side of the dish, or looking at the front side?Also, would I want to point it to the center of the dish and keep the face of the ku about flush with the scalar ring ?

I'm curious, how does one adjust a Ku LNBF hung off of a feedhorn on a BUD without getting in the way of the signal?

I did it a little at a time, adjusting the skew a bit, stepping out of the way and checking quality, just continued until a green 79-80 % was aquired. All together, about 20 minutes. Alot easier than I first thought.

I'm curious, how does one adjust a Ku LNBF hung off of a feedhorn on a BUD without getting in the way of the signal?
On a BUD, it takes a lot to kill the signal. You can adjust most things with out stepping off the latter, with exception of some Ku. So a little LNBF next to the Scalar Ring will not have any real affect to the over all signal.

So a little LNBF next to the Scalar Ring will not have any real affect to the over all signal.

Yeah, I was more concerned about a human body and ladder interfering when finding/peaking the signal. I didn't think a little LNBF would do enough to matter.

It can be a lot of up and down the ladder.
Have a good / stable way to mount the LNB, makes it easier.
Best to pick a really strong TP for setup, and have the Receiver and TV at the Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)