Happy to be back in the Edision OS MIO 4K fold

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm using the Amiko to drive my motor as it has a more beefy power supply. One question I have- did a soft update to OpenPLi from within the menu. It said there were 500 packages to update. Receiver has been stuck on this screen for probably 20 minutes. Does that seem right?

0995B539-6BD8-401C-801D-F003DADDBE9A.jpeg

I'm using the Amiko to drive my motor as it has a more beefy power supply. One question I have- did a soft update to OpenPLi from within the menu. It said there were 500 packages to update. Receiver has been stuck on this screen for probably 20 minutes. Does that seem right?

View attachment 154929
500 packages update within the menu is 420 too many from my experience. I doubt it'll finish, but I'd leave it alone overnight JUST in case.

It really needs to be completely reflashed from a usb drive for that case. Even IF it manages to complete above, I doubt it'll be stable.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I thought the maximum number was something like 20 that could be done from the menu. Just reflash the latest image from scratch using a USB sourced from el bandido. Don't try to carry forward any settings. The effort is worth it.

I agree there is "something" about the motor driving capability of my Edision Mio+. I sometimes must go into Positioner Setup to "push" my motor when changing satellites even going as far as needing to use a Horizontal transponder at times which has the higher voltage. This could be my motor issue, but I never need to do this using my old GSP microHD.

Openatv will tell you when there are just too many updates to cope with and just flash a newer image, then restore settings.
As far as enough juice to run a usals motor, I'm in the ethers on that one. I use an ASC-1.I sure do like the external power supply mod for them though. Just hard to believe that running the receiver, lnbf, and a motor. And still having enough pixies floating around to handle it after traversing coax runs is a great idea.
I mean. Tear one down and realize all of the juice goes through the tuner IC. Si?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts