Hard Drive Bargain Watch

Two questions I need help with. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Am I thinking correct that if the 722 has a 500 gb hard drive and will store 55 hours of hd will an external 500 store the same. If so would it be any more expensive to opt for a 722 dvr.

What would most of you recommend as the most relieable hard drive that has worked correct 100% of the time with the 622.

The user does not get access to the whole 500GB, at least 1/3rd of the drive is reserved for Dish VOD. A 500GB external drive will store 75 to 100 hours of HD, depending on how much of it is MPEG4.

Two questions I need help with. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Am I thinking correct that if the 722 has a 500 gb hard drive and will store 55 hours of hd will an external 500 store the same. If so would it be any more expensive to opt for a 722 dvr.

What would most of you recommend as the most relieable hard drive that has worked correct 100% of the time with the 622.

Actually, and external will hold more. The 722 is partitioned 25% or so for VOD only recording, plus another 10% for OS. A 500GB external drive is 100% available. If you currently have a 622, I see no reason for paying the price for a 722. At my current rate of archiving, I estimate my 500 GB will be able to hold 70-90 hrs, especially as more Mpeg4 programs are coming on.

As for external drives, I bought an internal WD5000AAKS that has a track record in DVR's with an external enclosure. Never will it run 24/7. If you rather get pre-made external, the WD's seem to be the best bet. Right now, Seagate is not a good option until some sorftware bugs are worked out.

WD 750GB My Book Essential at BB

Starting tomorrow at Best Buy. Helluva price...$179.99, no rebates. Better get there early...certainly won't last too long.

Once again, 750 WD My Book at BB, $179.99, 199.99 at CC.
WD's don't have the sleep problems.

Ordered $180+$14 tax BB 750 WD online AM Sunday and got pickup status OK e-mail after store opened. So now I have to get to store. Wanted to be sure to get it in before the thundering herds. ;)
-Ken

Just bought two WD 500GB MyBook Essential EHDD's from New Egg for less than $125.00 each. Not a bad price, just wish I would have seen the thread to Dell on these. :( Their price is a little bit better.

Can't wait to fire them up on my 622 and my PC! :D

Just bought a WD 500GB MyBook Essentials from Dell for $111 including tax (since I am in TX) shipped to my door. Saved an extra 10% using Paypal. Not a bad deal. Thanks for the head's up.

Will

Just bought two WD 500GB MyBook Essential EHDD's from New Egg for less than $125.00 each. Not a bad price, just wish I would have seen the thread to Dell on these. :( Their price is a little bit better.

Can't wait to fire them up on my 622 and my PC! :D

Checked e-mail this morning, New Egg has already shipped my drives. Should get them tomorrow. That is with standard shipping. :D