Hard Drive Bargain Watch

Put a little chrome knob on the top and it would look like a flask.

Right you are, but not as much fun, and not portable.

Also, you can use the same coupon to a Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive for $67.49 after 25% off Coupon Code

The Seagate has terrible reviews and the Iomega has good reviews. The Iomega is $90 and the Seagate is $110.

Here is another deal:

Dell : LaCie 750 GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive : System Drives : Small & Medium Business

LaCie 750 GB USB External Hard Drive for $67.50 + $5 s/h.

Use the same coupon I posted previously to bring the price down.
You are going to be the forum lab rat with the Iomega. Let us know how it is. Newegg only has five reviews of it, some not good.

The Seagate has terrible reviews and the Iomega has good reviews. The Iomega is $90 and the Seagate is $110.

Seagate drives are still good drives. The issues w/ Seagate drives and Dish receivers are well known and easily circumvented if necessary.

I do know of the slashdot article and the random freezes to which you are referring.
Slashdot | Seagate Acknowledges Problems With 1.5-TB HDD

By the by, Amazon has the 1.5TB Seagate Freeagent drive on sale this weekend for $112.49 with coupon code T4346M$Q6GRJB$ entered at checkout.

A 1.5-terabyte external drive for $112.49 shipped | The Cheapskate - CNET News

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-ST315005FDA2E1-RK-FreeAgent-External-Silver/dp/B001FWCB7C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235918025&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Seagate ST315005FDA2E1-RK FreeAgent Desk 1.5 TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (Silver): Electronics[/ame]

By the by, Amazon has the 1.5TB Seagate Freeagent drive on sale this weekend for $112.49 with coupon code T4346M$Q6GRJB$ entered at checkout.

I think that is the DELL coupon, not Amazon.

I agree that it is a good deal. Drives have come down a lot in price in the last few weeks.

You are going to be the forum lab rat with the Iomega. Let us know how it is. Newegg only has five reviews of it, some not good.

Drives arrived. Here is the scoop.

They are big and heavy - to be expected considering they are 1 TB.

After initial boot up, they are very quiet.

722 and 612 saw the drive and formatted them correctly.

Formatted size is just under 1 TB (as expected).

File transfers are currently in progress, but no problems so far.

Hi Totoro - What brand/make is this? Can you share your deal? Are there any deals for Lacie, WD or other? I am looking for a 7200 rpm, >= 1TB quiet one :D

Fry's has the Buffalo 1TB HD for $99.99 this week. That 1.5TB Seagate drive is $129.99 again.

The 1TB Seagate Extreme is $129.99. They have a 1TB Iomega NAS drive for $149.99.

Anyone using a Fantom GreenDrive 1TB External USB2.0 / eSATA Hard Drive with their 722/622? I've heard they used 5400rpm drives and therefore run cooler. MacMall and Onsale have them for $79.99 after two rebates.

I ended up ordering a Cavalry CAUM CAUM3701T0-B 1TB USB - has good reviews (has a WD physical drive), price and free shipping. Read somewhere that it was compatible with a 622/722. I'll report back once I get setup with it :D

I just ordered one as well. At $20 off via the mail-in rebate (for a total amount of $94), I couldn't pass it up! If it doesn't work with my 622, it'll be a good addition to my PC. :)

I think it should work with the 622 - at least the 750GB does - according to THIS PAGE. I thought about getting the Fantom drive but the thought of sending 2 rebates made me pass it up. Plus it has I believe no free shipping - I did read earlier in this thread that it works fine (do a quick search for Fantom in this thread).

Wow! You have a video juke box at home. Never a dull moment for you ;) I am curious to know how they show up ? As cumulative space or just different logical volumes? I did not even think you could hook up more than one physical device to the DVR.

Price of that 1TB Iomega drive is now at $159.99...still not too bad, but $90 was a lot better price...

Actually, it is still $120 on the Dell link I originally posted. Now you just need to wait for a % off accessories coupon to get the price down a bit more.

Both drives are performing flawlessly and so quiet you don't even know they are there. That is hardly surprising considering they are an EMC product. EMC is known for high quality storage products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)