Has anyone received their box yet?

Would direct let you activate "used equipment"? unlike dish they told me (and have posted on web) "NO" :(

We are still exploring our options, long term glorystar still appears the best option

Yes, Directv will let you activate used equipment. You need to have the "card" that goes in the receiver.... obviously and that receiver must be deactivated, not tied to any delinquent account.

The gentleman I bought from was local and beamed with honesty (don't know if he followed the Way or not). He moved to a condo, and either upgraded to HD with DirecTV or possibly chose another provider.

I'm not sure if I'll be living in this house forever, that's why I didn't buy into Glorystar.

What kind of programming is on 3ABN? Many on here talk about that channel.

FWIW, if the included XM is important to you, and it's what you want - then that does change the terms of the deal. It's your money, and you should get what you want.

Myself, I already have XM and Sirius, so whether or not they come with a TV subscription is not that important.

Iptv

My box was shipped to me on 2-8-08. SKY ANGEL called me on 2-9-08
to confirm that.
Will let you know when I get it and have it up and working.
I got the 'faith' package only for $14.99 per month.
SKY ANGEL has changed much since Bob Johnson was in charge.
But I enjoy 'SafeTV' and 'Sacred Favorites Radio' and 'GMTN'.
Bill

Last edited:
I talked to a SA rep today and was told that the boxes shipped last week (Thursday) and should be arriving late this week. The rep also asked if I received the email that was sent to inform about the shipment...I replied "Nope, the only email I have is a billing reminder". It's just too bad that I had to initiate the phone call to find out that the box shipped last week.

The rep told me that when they shipped last week the $ was deducted. I also checked my account and I haven't been charged. ?????

DHL Shipment Notification

DHL Shipment Notification

Greetings from DHL!

On February 8, 2008 a shipment label was printed by Sky Angel (800
7592643) of SKY ANGEL for delivery to ****** ****** of ****** ******. The
shipment number of this package is ***********.

Sender's message:
'Your package has been shipped!'

To track this shipment use any of these options:

1) Click or enter the following URL in your browser:
DHL - Track
2) Enter the shipment number(s) on the DHL tracking page:
http://track.dhl-usa.com/
3) Send an email to Track_It@dhl.com. You may list up to 25 shipment
numbers separated by commas in the message area of the email. You'll
receive a return email with detailed information about the status of your
shipment(s).

For further assistance,
please call DHL Customer Service at 1-800-225-5345. For International
Customer Service, please use the following link to obtain the appropriate
Customer Service contact information:
DHL: Contact DHL.

Disclaimer:
This message was created by DHL Webship/Corporateship, a product of DHL,
at the request of the sender. No authentication of email addresses has
been performed.

Thank you for shipping with DHL.

Last edited:
we called

When we heard that some had received an e-mail and we had not, we called them before they closed tonight.

The rep said they had 5,000 people signed up at this time. The first batch of boxes was shipped out last week, the next group will be soon! :up

Well that means they are already losing $. Neulion said it takes 10,000 subs to break even.

Wasn't it posted somewhere in a news article that sky angel dbs had 100,000+ paying subscribers? If so then not many followed to iptv!

My box arrived today. Picture quality is as good as digital satellite or digital cable on my relatively old tv. There is a very slight delay on switching channels and displaying the program guide but otherwise we are very pleased with it. Previously we were watching broadcast channels only. The Video on Demand selection is extensive and the quality is as good as the regular channels.

My box arrived today. Picture quality is as good as digital satellite or digital cable on my relatively old tv. There is a very slight delay on switching channels and displaying the program guide but otherwise we are very pleased with it. Previously we were watching broadcast channels only. The Video on Demand selection is extensive and the quality is as good as the regular channels.

Sounds good!:up

I expect our box to be delivered by the end of this week. Did DHL require someone to be home and a signature upon delivery?

Also, are you using a wired or wireless router?

Thanks

Jeff

My wife was home to receive the box. I do not know if DHL requires a signature. I am using an old Linksys wireless router. The system did lose signal when my microwave oven was cooking supper but they are relatively close together. I am intending on moving the TV about ten feet further away soon. If there are continuing signal problems I will run Cat5 cabling.

IPTV Sky Angel

I received my IPTV package yesterday(2-12-08) and got it set up
and working soon after.
It's alot different from the current Sky Angel and takes some getting used to. I"m using the ethernet cable(CAT5). I haven't tried wireless yet. I'm still getting to know all the buttons on the remote.
Willo keep you posted.
Bill

SA told me again today that it is shipped out even though it doesn't show they took any money out of my account on there end either. So I guess I'm good to go!?

Catkoko- If I remember right I had seen the number that at one time, they were at 110,000 subscribers but that had dropped quite a bit when the 7th Day Channels went to their own iptv. I'm not sure if the rep. on the phone had the actual number right (5,000) or if he had a limited amount of information.

What would be really interesting, is how many subscribers they have a week or two after the bird at 61 goes dark. I would think they would eventually be able to get to the 10,000 mark.

IPTV Sky Angel

DHL did NOT require a signature but did ring the doorbell.
I tried wireless and it works fine fron my router to the STB.
Still checking various features. So far, great.
Very clear pictures and good sound.
For wireless just click SETUP and input ESSID and WEP KEY.
Bill

Sadly, I won't be going IPTV. I called today to ask about it and they said that they would no longer send paper bills. They will only charge to credit cards or EFT from your checking account. I won't pay with those being my only two options. I guess I'm old fashioned and like to know exactly when we write our checks for the bills.
Rick

DHL did NOT require a signature but did ring the doorbell.
I tried wireless and it works fine fron my router to the STB.
Still checking various features. So far, great.
Very clear pictures and good sound.
For wireless just click SETUP and input ESSID and WEP KEY.
Bill

Thanks Bill and "space" for your help. My delivery was scheduled for today but is delayed until tomorrow due to severe winter weather in our area. DHL did tell me that no signature was required, it will just be dropped off at the door if no one is home. Also, thanks for the wireless router info.

Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts