Has anyone received their box yet?

Here's a kicker for ya!
I called SkyAngel on 2-8 and was told that MY box (the SA rep verified my name and address)had been shipped and that it should be arriving in 7-10 days. The rep also said that the $ would be deducted when the box actually shipped. I received the email from SA on 2-12 that my box had been shipped.
I called my credit card company daily to see if the $30 bucks had gone through yet...nope...I checked my email daily to see if I had an email from DHL to track my box...nope!
I finally got tired of waiting and called SA again today. The rep said that my box had not shipped due to a credit card issue. I said "WHAT CREDIT CARD ISSUE"!..this is the same credit card that I use to pay my current SA Satellite bill every month!
The rep stated that the card had expired last month....I said yes, the bank expires the card every two years and then sends a new one. (I ordered IPTV months ago on the older card, which at the time was not expired). I then asked the rep why was I not contacted about the card issue and/or why did the rep that I talked to a couple of weeks ago not confirm the credit card info......the rep appologized and said that he didn't know why I was not contacted. I then gave the rep my "new" card expiration date and was told that my box will ship soon. So long story short...here I sit waiting again...FRUSTRATED!

Skyangel has stopped working already. I got about 5-6 hours of TV then the STB became unresponsive. I can't turn it off or on from the front button anymore. I was watching the Logan Show then the picture froze and the box became unresponsive. I have done all the trouble shooting I could think of, even conecting to a differant TV with differant cables - nothing helped. I called Skyangel and they were stumped. I'm back to the satellite and awaiting a call from Skyangel to determine what is wrong.

Ken

Just checked the bank statement online and have been billed. The box should be here soon. As with any new tech product there are bound to be bugs to work out. Let's give them a chance.

Skyangel has stopped working already. I got about 5-6 hours of TV then the STB became unresponsive. I can't turn it off or on from the front button anymore. I was watching the Logan Show then the picture froze and the box became unresponsive. I have done all the trouble shooting I could think of, even conecting to a differant TV with differant cables - nothing helped. I called Skyangel and they were stumped. I'm back to the satellite and awaiting a call from Skyangel to determine what is wrong.

Ken
hi, have you tried unplugging it from the ac outlet and waiting 1 min ??? that might help.
god bless
john

I unplugged it - went and had dinner - then plugged it back in and nothing changed.

Sky angel has been great with their assistance with my trouble. I think I got a lemon and that's why the picture looked bad before the box died. Neulion will be contacting me next.

Ken

Has anyone else received their box? I am still looking for more reviews about the service. I want to know about the picture quality and the sound quality. If I get IPTV I am going to hook it up to my home stereo so I can listen to RadioU and Watch TVU. Any more information people are willing to share could be helpful.

I find the picture quality very good -- better, in fact, than my cable service. The other night, I switched from Fox News on IPTV to Fox News on cable (same TV) and was struck with how "fuzzy" the cable picture was in comparison to the IPTV picture. I was struck with the good picture quality from the very first moment I watched IPTV.

I can't comment much on sound quality because my IPTV is hooked up to an older-style TV in my computer room, not my better HD-TV. But I think the sound is at least as good as I am used to with my cable service.

I received my box 2/20/08. Very easy to install. I have a wireless router. I have Road Runner that should have a speed of up to 7 Mbps The speed tends to average about 1.9 Mbps on wireless and always above 2.9 Mbps being wired to the router. I think that the constant 2.9 Mbps would result in better audio and video, that is, reducing or eliminating buffering.

Since I do not want to install a 30 feet ethernet wire, I am debating with the idea of getting a Homeplug type ethernet adapter so I can use a wired connection instead of wireless.

Any experience with Homeplug or any comments on my idea? :eureka

Can one of you guys post a pic of the back of the unit? I am trying to figure out how I want to hook mine up when I get it and I can't find pics of it. Also, has anyone tried to feed two TVs from the one unit?

We got our box yesterday. I have RoadRunner and ran through a Linksys wired router to the STB, then hooked to the tv with s-video (after first using the yellow video cable - the picture is much better w/s-video) and the rca type plugs for audio. After having only 1 clear channel (and several fuzzy ones) for years with a long range antenna, we are happy so far with the system.

any comments on my idea?

I ran a 30 foot plus wire for my setup. But it was a piece of cake as I already had holes in the floor and a full basement to run the wire through.

Got my replacement box today from Skyangel. It works great - the picture is better and it turns off and on. I guess my first box was a lemon!!

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)