Has anyone received their box yet?

We signed up for the IPTV around the 1st of the year. Got the shipment email yesterday. Can't hardly wait! All we've had is antenna for 11 years.

I am also very interested in a FTA system since finding this and other satellite forums.

Rick68, if using EFT is the only thing keeping you from subscribing, I hope you will reconsider. EFT simply means that the transaction is automatically done by your bank without them needing your check to come through. You can probably set it for a specific date of the month and simply write it in your checkbook on that date. It is not a "new-fangled" payment method -- it is the way I have made car payments over many, many years. Convenient and safe -- and you can call your bank and stop it anytime if you decide to discontinue.

There are so many good channels in the new IPTV line-up, and the 48 hour "go-back" will be wonderful! Hope you decide to go ahead!

Sadly, I won't be going IPTV. I called today to ask about it and they said that they would no longer send paper bills. They will only charge to credit cards or EFT from your checking account. I won't pay with those being my only two options. I guess I'm old fashioned and like to know exactly when we write our checks for the bills.
Rick

I totally agree with your position. Others may differ but I am troubled by mandatory EFT payments.

That said, I do pay a number of bills electronically out of my checking, but I have never felt at ease with a vender removing the money automatically. I allow very few automatic payments. As few as possible.

I agree with you about the automatic payments. I trust very few companies to do so. its difficult enough to stop them from auto debiting a credit card. Getting $$ put back into your checking account is like pulling teeth with some companies.

IPTV is expensive enough without charging the fees.

Sky angel Canada IPTV continued to debit customers AFTER they shut down IPTV. thats enough reason not to trust them, in my opinion.

Its a shame as they do have an interesting line up. Many can be seen with a FTA dish, such as Glorystar.

I personally have no problems with automatic payments.

Now back to the topic at hand. I received my box yesterday and am just getting used to it. It was easy to set up both wired and wireless. Picture and audio quality are very good.

Jeff

Could someone please give a detailed review!

I would like to know some of the following:

Your internet speed?

How do you have things hooked up?

Are you using s-video or something else?

Do you have the sound coming through your tv or a stereo system?

How does picture and sound compare to dish or direct TV?

Are you experiencing any problems?

What about the video on demand section? Does it work well? Is all the programing free? Is the selection good?

Any information you could provide would be a great help in my decision to get it or not to.

I got my DHL email today that says my box is close - maybe I'll get it today!

tsrk30,
There is about a 3-second delay as you go from one TV channel to another.

In TV channels, you can tyoe in a 3-digit channel number (not 4-digit as before) and go directly to the new channel. There is an INPUT word at the bottom right of the screen for that purpose.

In Radio channels, You can also type in a 3-digit radio channel number and do thr same thing as above...but... there is no INPUT word on the screen to prompt you.

It seems you cannot go directlly from a TV channel to a radio channel...
or vice versa. I'm still checking on this.

My speed is 1.5 meg.

On VOD, there are some free choices...some interesting ones.

The video and sound are very good on IPTV.

The IPTV screen shows up not on channbel #3 as before but on my channel just before #1.

The IPTV remote does not turn on your TV but handles all IPTV options.

Wireless works fine between my router and the STB.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Could someone please give a detailed review!

I would like to know some of the following:

Your internet speed?

How do you have things hooked up?

Are you using s-video or something else?

Do you have the sound coming through your tv or a stereo system?

How does picture and sound compare to dish or direct TV?

Are you experiencing any problems?

What about the video on demand section? Does it work well? Is all the programing free? Is the selection good?

Any information you could provide would be a great help in my decision to get it or not to.
===========================================
I have my STB hooked directly to my TV.
The sound comes through the TV.
So far, no problems...just the short delay that I mentioned.
VOD will 'remember' where you stopped and pick up there next time.

I am enjoying IPTV very much.

CHANGES:...it would be nice to go from TV to radio directly.
may add other ideas later.
Bill

I got my box Thursday. I am impressed with the picture quality. I also have E and I think the picture is a little better than Es standard definition picture. The sound is also pretty good.

I was wondering if it was me or has anyone noticed that there are about 3 channels missing that they have on their web site? They are almavision, Credo and La familia all in the faith package. All channels in the family package is there.

Also the guide on my unit is military time.

I have the family values pack.

I have 2.2 mbps and rarely see the buffering message. Sometimes if you go to a previous program and fast forward or reverse you get the buffering message. Some times when you go to a previous show the picture and sound are not smooth and sync. This could be related to the channel as not all channels and shows do this. On live shows this does not happen as the picture and sound are very good.

So far I am satisfied.

I have IPTV hooked up and going. I was immediately impressed with the picture quality. Took me a bit of effort to learn to get around with the remote, but now I'm doing fine with it.

I think the reason you can't go directly from a radio channel to a TV channel is that they use two different technologies. The radio channels are streaming audio. You can freely move through the radio channels without returning to the "Home" screen, and you can do the same with TV. But you do have to return to the home screen to switch between radio and TV. Just a fact of the technology.

My setup uses an auxiliary line, so I can easily switch between IPTV and my cable channels.

I LOVE the 48-hour review feature! I can go back and find all my favorite weekly or daily ministry programs and watch them whenever I want. Nice! With added channels like FamilyNet and the Church Channel, I'm finding a lot of viewing options!

I use an FM transmitter to send IPTV audio to all the radios in my house -- have done that with SA programming for a couple of years. Sure increased my use of Sky Angel programming.

Last edited:
Well for starters, I'm very impressed with the picture quality, its every bit as good as DishNetwork, if not even better.

The audio quality is also very good; I use an FCC part 15 FM transmitter so we are able to enjoy the radio channels (or audio from a TV channel) throughout the house. Very nice!:)

The VOD and 48 hour features work well. It looks like at this time that the VOD programs are free, but this may not always be the case as more special events or movies are added. It doesn't appear that the past 48 hour feature works on the radio channels at this time. I personally would like to use this feature on Bott and other talk radio channels.

I,m only using the composite video output at this time.

I have Comcast 6Mbps internet but the STB speed test gave the wired connection an average speed of 3Mbps and the wireless approx 1.9Mbps (why the difference?:confused:). These tests varied a bit the different times I tested it. Btw, setup was very easy, with the wireless I only had to enter the WEP encryption key; the wired was just plug-n-play.

I haven't experienced any problems so far.

Jeff

I would have liked the 48-hour review feature on radio channels, too, Jeff -- but a SA tech explained that it can't be done because the radio channels are streaming audio. One thing about radio programs, though, is that many are broadcast on different channels at different times. For example, if I miss Focus on the Family at 7:00 a.m., I know I can find it at various other times throughout the day -- or I can always listen to a particular broadcast on-line.

FamilyNet has all new programming since In Touch Ministries bought the channel. I really enjoy the 2-hour morning talk show and the new 1-hour morning interview show with Lisa and Marcus Ryan. Just those two programs alone would be reason enough for me to subscribe to SA IPTV!

I would have liked the 48-hour review feature on radio channels, too, Jeff -- but a SA tech explained that it can't be done because the radio channels are streaming audio. One thing about radio programs, though, is that many are broadcast on different channels at different times. For example, if I miss Focus on the Family at 7:00 a.m., I know I can find it at various other times throughout the day -- or I can always listen to a particular broadcast on-line.

FamilyNet has all new programming since In Touch Ministries bought the channel. I really enjoy the 2-hour morning talk show and the new 1-hour morning interview show with Lisa and Marcus Ryan. Just those two programs alone would be reason enough for me to subscribe to SA IPTV!

Thanks for the info jholland. You are correct, many of the programs are available at different times on the various networks. Maybe one day an IPTV STB with a DVR will be available?

FamilyNet is an excellent network! I look forward to the Todd Friel (from Way of the Master Radio) Show.

Jeff

so is it true then , you can only go back 48 hours with the Faith channels but NOT family or radio?

Got my IPTV box today. I'm not sold on the picture quality. It looks like what I see on the web with faces not having distinctive features and the like. I'm still tinkering so we'll see. My connection seems good - there's no buffering occuring.

Ken

JCTV looks like low quality picture to me. Discovery looks good. Maybe it's the channels themslves. I have never had JCTV before so maybe what I'm seeing on that network is the normal picture. I'll keep comparing, can't get my kid off of Discovery network right now though.

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)