HBO is BACK on DISH

Does anyone know how to get HBO Max on TV? I signed up and they are showing up on 310-315 for other HBO channels. But where do I find HBO Max?

Since this question keeps coming up, HBO MAX is a separate app that you have to install on a TV connected device (like an Amazon Fire Stick, Roku or Apple TV) that you log into with your Dish account (if you have HBO). It offers additional content not available on HBO or HBO On Demand that you access with your Hopper or Wally. Here is a list of supported devices for HBO MAX including some Smart TVs where no additional device is required.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ad free version
Thank You!
bow down adam levine GIF by The Voice

To those wondering if this means Sling might get HBO, don't hold your breath. But never say never, either.
Per this story out today: "A Dish Network spokesperson said there are currently no plans to add HBO to the Sling TV lineup."

But hey, if you have Sling, that means you're using a device that can use the HBO Max app, so no reason not to just subscribe directly that way. No live channels in the app, though. Don't know why they don't have at least the original HBO live channel in the HBO Max app. Showtime and Epix have always done that in their apps.

I went to play.hbomax.com/login on a browser I have not logged into HBO Max with before, then clicked on Login. Then Clicked Login with my Provider, clicked Dish. It asked me to set up an account. I told it my name and used the same email address I was using before for HBO Max.

It asked me if I wanted to merge accounts and I said yes, it sent me an email to verify I wanted this change, put the code from the email on the website and it combined them and told me I would no longer be billed direct from HBO Max.

Very cool!View attachment 152871
Just did this and mine was a bit different. It included an additional line stating that it does not automatically cancel subscriptions through third parties. I subscribed through Roku, so had to go in and cancel through that so that Roku did not bill me when it renewed on 8/1 (the timing of this worked out great for me). So, if you are billed directly from HBO Max, you are good to go after merging accounts. If you are billed through Roku, iOS, etc., you will still need to go cancel those subscriptions.

Yeah just read elsewhere 10 day Free preview of HBO and Cinemax will be Aug 6 - 15.

I already get HBO through Prime, will cancel that and go back with Dish for convenience and of course save $3. per month.
If HBO Max is included with the free preview then you'll be able to watch Suicide Squad's new movie. It comes out in theaters and HBO Max August 6th,
Ooooh GIF
:)

Just did this and mine was a bit different. It included an additional line stating that it does not automatically cancel subscriptions through third parties. I subscribed through Roku, so had to go in and cancel through that so that Roku did not bill me when it renewed on 8/1 (the timing of this worked out great for me). So, if you are billed directly from HBO Max, you are good to go after merging accounts. If you are billed through Roku, iOS, etc., you will still need to go cancel those subscriptions.
That's because Roku was billing you. I was being billed directly by HBO.

If HBO Max is included with the free preview then you'll be able to watch Suicide Squad's new movie. It comes out in theaters and HBO Max August 6th,
Ooooh GIF
:)
I don't believe HBO Max will be included in the free preview, only the channel on DISH will be part of the free preview. But with that said I am looking forward to seeing the new Suicide Squad movie. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Do I need to cancel my HBO Max then get special from dish?
I was wondering the same thing. I did signup at the onset for $15.00 per month. The $3.00 savings per month are equal to 2 months of free HBO. Maybe one of the Dish employees that monitor this forum can help us out with the adjusted price. If you cancel a premium service from Dish you will be charged $5.00. Asking these overseas CSR's is a wast of time.

I was wondering the same thing. I did signup at the onset for $15.00 per month. The $3.00 savings per month are equal to 2 months of free HBO. Maybe one of the Dish employees that monitor this forum can help us out with the adjusted price. If you cancel a premium service from Dish you will be charged $5.00. Asking these overseas CSR's is a wast of time.

Dish really charges $5.00 if you cancel a premium service?

Haven't seen this, but what if you get HBOMax as part of your ATT Elite cell phone plan. Would that enable you to get the Sat channels too? I suppose getting the Dish channels would only work by subbing through Dish, but that gets you HBOMax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts