HD Absolute - how long?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
#12 here. Anything added is an appreciated bonus, but I doubt I'd ever watch much of it.
I could care less about FoxNews or the Viacom mostly stretch-o-vision package.
I can't seem to find any national HD launching anywhere on the near horizon that would coax me to leave Absolute and nearly double my monthly bill.
Geez, I already delete unwatched programs from my 622 and 722 now because I don't have time to watch it all.
No provider will ever again come close to offering the value that Absolute is.

+13. That's me lucky thirteen. I love HD Absolute, but I have to admit I wish it it had three more channels. I really want Fox News, FX, and Speed.

#12 here. Anything added is an appreciated bonus, but I doubt I'd ever watch much of it.
I can't seem to find any national HD launching anywhere on the near horizon that would coax me to leave Absolute and nearly double my monthly bill.
Geez, I already delete unwatched programs from my 622 and 722 now because I don't have time to watch it all.
+1 to your #12 comments. I can't up the count because I already did - but that's a great point on the cost to upgrade to anything comparable.

+15 It'll take a lot to get me out of Absolute... I was able to add the Starz HBO free for 3 months

+17, I don't look at it as absolute being cheap, I look at it as the other packages are overpriced. There are a few channels I would like to have, but as others stated, I do not want them enough to double my bill. If I ever upgraded it would probably be to the AEP since the dvr fees inflate the other packages way too much.

I would also like to thank this forum, without it I would have never known about the absolute package.

+19 :up
God if I wanted to spend more I might as well sign up for D* and we all know how godawful that would be. :eek::rolleyes::p

+18, what a great deal. 2 722s, HD Absolute, HBO, starz, locals for 85 dollars including taxes. cant get that anywhere else.
I thought it would be less for all that.

My first thought>
Absolute package: $30
Locals: $5
HBO & Starz: $22
DVR: $6
Taxes: $4
--------------
Total $67

Is this what I'm missing?>
Extra DVR fee for the 2nd 722: $6
Additional Receiver fee: $7
Dish home protection plan (DHPP): $5
---------
$18 more for a total of $85.

Please let me know - because I was wondering what it would cost to do the same thing, as I just have (1) ViP722. Thanks.

Perfect math. The 2nd DVR is what bumps it up. I keep DHPP for peace of mind. And thank god, Ive had 2 622s crap out on me

I thought it would be less for all that.

My first thought>
Absolute package: $30
Locals: $5
HBO & Starz: $22
DVR: $6
Taxes: $4
--------------
Total $67

Is this what I'm missing?>
Extra DVR fee for the 2nd 722: $6
Additional Receiver fee: $7
Dish home protection plan (DHPP): $5
---------
$18 more for a total of $85.

Please let me know - because I was wondering what it would cost to do the same thing, as I just have (1) ViP722. Thanks.

Perfect math. The 2nd DVR is what bumps it up. I keep DHPP for peace of mind. And thank god, Ive had 2 622s crap out on me
I was always good at math - and guessing ;). I had a 722 die on me, so with 2, I can see why you have the DHPP.

BTW - I just checked my bill online and it looks like it's going to be $6 this month. This is the 12th bill since I've started and I can't remember if I was supposed to get this next one free from the initial promo (Something like 1st, 12th and 20th month free). Either way - I'm happy. When I signed up, I did the math and it averaged out to $32/month for Absolute HD (including the DVR) - such a deal!

So I'd be looking at about $15/month extra if I added another 722 (2nd receiver + DVR + Taxes).

+21 so happy I found about about Absolute here. The only channel I've missed since switching to Absolute was Comedy Central. My reasoning at the time was whether Comedy Central was worth $30 or so to stay on whatever package I had at the time. Now that we are getting it in SD I'm hoping we'll get it in HD permanently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)