HD DVD Player Sales Top 750,000

if only it worked like that. No one is counting xbox's they are counting HD DVD drives which are bought specifically for playing HD DVD's. PS3's are not.
Vurb, its hard to argue against the fact that SOME are. SO where does the line get drawn?

The PS3 is a Blue-Ray player....the games are on Blue-Ray discs so are the movies. Hence the PS3 is a Blue-Ray player. Conversely, the hd-dvd add on for the 360 is a hd-dvd player. Honestly I fail to comprehend how such a simple concept escapes some people’s basic logic.

The PS3 is a Blue-Ray player....the games are on Blue-Ray discs. Hence the PS3 is a Blue-Ray player. Conversely, the hd-dvd add on for the 360 is a hd-dvd player. Honestly I fail to comprehend how such a simple concept escapes some people’s basic logic.
Apparently, Logic is something you just do not grasp. The only purpose of the HD DVD drive is to play HD DVD movies. You have already proven that that is not the case witht the PS3. How do you count all of those PS3 players when a large percentage will never see a BD movie? :rolleyes:

Apparently, Logic is something you just do not grasp. The only purpose of the HD DVD drive is to play HD DVD movies. You have already proven that that is not the case witht the PS3. How do you count all of those PS3 players when a large percentage will never see a BD movie? :rolleyes:

LOOK...I just said that it was a BLUE-RAY player....don't twist my words. AGAIN.....all of the games for the PS3 are on Blue-Ray Discs....hence the PS3 is a Blue-Ray player!

Wrong. 100% of the 40GB PS3 ARE being used for Blu-Ray players and/or game consoles

Honestly....you are going to sit there an say that there are people out there that are not going to watch the FREE copy of SM3 that came in the box...come on.

Honestly....you are going to sit there an say that there are people out there that are not going to watch the FREE copy of SM3 that came in the box...come on.
No, I am going to say that 40% of PS3 owners will never buy or rent a BD movie. Therefore at least 40% of PS3's are NOT being used as players. Would it make you happy if I said that 100% of PS3's will be used one time to play one BD movie? Would that stop your ridiculous arguement? BTW, My PS3 did NOT come with a movie.

Verbano....Are the games for the PS3 on Blue-Ray media? If you say "Yes" then the PS3 is a Blue-Ray player! See how simple that was?

Of course not! They will look at it with a blank expression and ask "what's with the fancy drink coaster?" They will NEVER watch a movie, unless first consulting with 2 other PS3 owning buddies and deciding which one will use he PS3 to watch movies." :p

Of course not! They will look at it with a blank expression and ask "what's with the fancy drink coaster?" They will NEVER watch a movie, unless first consulting with 2 other PS3 owning buddies and deciding which one will use he PS3 to watch movies." :p
Or laugh when they see the cost of 30 dollars a movie. They need to save their allowance for the 60 dollar games. No way they are going to spend that money on overpriced movies when they bought the thing to play games on. The attach rate proves that.

Or can we figure out after taking a sample size how many "Sold" PS3 units are sitting at EB or Gamestop, Or even pawn shops?

That would drastically reduce the number of owned Blue Ray players, would it not?

It's all a numbers game people. We all need to get over ourselves and let the market play out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)