Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Not really channels I'd watch much I don't think, but on D* web site it's telling me "Free for 3 months - Activate Now"

Doesn't say how much it is after 3 months though.

oh wait.... fine print at the bottom. $4.99? I think I'll pass. I like Smithsonian and *maybe* the Sony HD channel will be ok, but not 5 bucks worth.

Not really channels I'd watch much I don't think, but on D* web site it's telling me "Free for 3 months - Activate Now"

Doesn't say how much it is after 3 months though.

oh wait.... fine print at the bottom. $4.99? I think I'll pass. I like Smithsonian and *maybe* the Sony HD channel will be ok, but not 5 bucks worth.

If you add this for free and then drop it a few days before your 3rd month is complete you can add it back for 3 more free months. I've done this 3 times in a row now. I watch some of the channels but for free I couldn't pass it up!

If you add this for free and then drop it a few days before your 3rd month is complete you can add it back for 3 more free months. I've done this 3 times in a row now. I watch some of the channels but for free I couldn't pass it up!

I've done this once and plan on doing it until they fix it. Just cancel a few days before the 3rd month and the next day, it'll be offered again. :)

Cool! Thanks.

Now all I gotta do is set my calendar to ping me a couple days ahead so I can cancel it :)
I should do that with my Starz/Showtime free-for-3-months thing as well.

It does. When I see the charge come after three months, I drop then readd. Ive not paid for the pack yet, and Im on month 13 at this location.

Honestly... I have cancelled and resubbed every 3 months for a few years now... I wouldn't worry too much about that $4.99.

Edit: I skipped about 2 or 3 weeks once, and actually got a call asking if I wanted the 3 months free. LOL!

The HD Extra Pack are some of the old VOOM channels...former DISH people know what I'm talking about. Would be nice if Direct TV add the HD Video Game Channel and old Horror Movie HD Channel.

With all my respect to y'all, it don't sound right to do that, I think

Why not? Do you have a personal stake in the company? If not then it's of no concern to you. Playing the system to get something for free that they have no business charging for in the first place isn't wrong. Don't like it? Then don't do it.

That said, I just did it, and it still works. You don't even have to wait, it immediately shows as free in the list after you deactivate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts