HD Extra Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
if we can do this (cancel then readd for another 3 months) then why doesnt DTV just put these channels into a package? I cant imagine this is a big money maker for DTV..

hate to bring this up but tonight I removed the HD extra pack and immediately it showed in my premiums as "0.00 for 3 months"

guess I'll add it back tomorrow ;)

From the posts in this forum, I noticed that all those that got the 3 months free period again for another 3 month period had done so by canceling the package prior to the end of the original 3 month period. I had the HD Pack for the 3 months free period and then for 1 1/2 months @ $4.99. After reading the posts in this forum, I decided to try to cancel and resubscribe for the free period even though I was now paying for the package. I cancelled on line and was informed I would get a $2.99 credit on my next bill. The package was removed from my account profile. A few minutes later, I tried to add the free package again and I got a message indicating I was already subscribed. I checked my account and I had the 3 months free offer again!

So you don't have to cancel within the 3 month free period to get it free again, although you will be charged for the non-free portion of your subscription.

BTW, I like the package. I'll like it even more if they add the Epix channels (movies) like Dish has in theirs.

It just worked for me!! Canceled it online...went back 5 minutes later and it said "$0.00 for 3 Months"...so I added it...thanks fellas!!

It just worked for me!! Canceled it online...went back 5 minutes later and it said "$0.00 for 3 Months"...so I added it...thanks fellas!!

yep its interesting how it shows up again as 0 for 3 months

too bad the sports package doesnt do that ;)

I just did the cancel and add, it continues on!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

It comes down to a matter of taste. I recently canceled the premium channels to cut my bill, but kept HD Extra and found that I actually watch them more than I did HBO and Showtime.

Thanks for reminding me.. It's been 3 months again.. And it worked again (this is my 4th time)! At this point I'm sure they would just give it to everyone free but they're getting people actually paying (bonus money) so they just keep allowing this cancel/add process for those smart enough to know about it and diligent enough to stay on top of it to get it free.. There is really no reason for them to be charging extra for these channels when almost every other provider throws them in free.

Just FYI, I just did this a minute ago. Cancelled it, and turned around and added it back a minute later. Worked! 3 months free!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)