HD LIL, but not all 4 networks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
bgsmallwood said:
This is the flaw in the D* strategy to FIRST bring up HD-LIL service. Apparenty management just assumed that the local broadcasters would provide their channels for free and not charge a carriage fee. Oooops, guess they should have checked first.

It wasn't DirecTV's strategy to use the Spaceway sats for HD-LiL. It just kind of fell into place that way when it became apparant the the market for satellite internet wasn't there. Since the satellites were already built they had be used for something, and HD LiL turned out to be the most productive thing they could do.

bgsmallwood said:
This is the flaw in the D* strategy to FIRST bring up HD-LIL service. Apparenty management just assumed that the local broadcasters would provide their channels for free and not charge a carriage fee. Oooops, guess they should have checked first.

That was never assumed. The affiliates and the NAB fought to keep them away from DBS and now that they lost that angle, some are asking for hugely overpriced fees.

GeorgeLV said:
Congratulations for living in one of the 21 (out of 210) DMAs that gets all the big four, PBS, and the soon to be nonexistant WB and UPN in HD.

I had no idea I was part of such an elite group. Makes that 400 I spent on OTA well worth it to be part of the club :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)