HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

That would be great if it were today since the contract was signed at the beginning of the month for WYOU and WBRE. I heard that August 6th is the day.

Whether it's August 6th or not, they had already announced (for some values of "announced") that it would be today.

Scott had said in another thread that all the new HD that was scheduled for the end of July will be lit up by Friday morning. Not sure if he meant the locals as well. I guess it continues to be a waiting game.

The new channels are not going to launch until Friday.

I am hearing we will see them in the early morning (by the time most folks get up)

Thanks Hopton. I viewed the attachments. I guess all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed.

I made the mistake of moving to NYC. Good for a while, then they spotbeamed and I was out. Shoulda gone with Philly! Now I will just wait it out for WB/Scranton. After all, they did say "soon", didn't they?

Here's hoping soon happens today!!

loading.gif

Let's all hope today is the big day! This is probably the last chance to get them before the Olympics. I am looking forward to not being obsessed with refreshing the uplink report page every half hour to see if we finally got them. It's getting old!

I just don't get the haphazard lazy attitude Dish has towards it's customers. They announce ten HD locals are planned for July 30th and when that date comes, and goes, no one knows anything. Why should I know more than the customer service reps that have no idea what I'm talking about? I was told that my locals don't broadcast in HD yet so that's why no Dish HD yet. Huh?Dish were the ones that announced them. Why didn't they go up and when is the next date planned. It really isn't that much to ask for.

waiting

I get the wilkes-barre SD feeds and I just got an HD tv. I hope they get this resolved soon. I want to upgrade to HD programming but don't want to make that commitment until I know they have locals in HD.

Let's hope it's soon!

Check out the pic that was shown on today's retailer chat. Looks like we have to wait a whole lot longer. :river I was going to try to type something clever, but I am too upset...

No mention in Scott's recap about any reasoning behind the postponement. Just said "A number of locals were delayed."

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• retailer37.jpg
    retailer37.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 136

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)