HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

I guess July is 'soon' in E* lingo. Maybe we'll be surprised.

When Dish added Scranton's sd, they turned on them on without telling anyone. They had previously announced a date but it did not happen then as BRE and YOU would not agree to retransmission concent, within a week of the sd's going live, BRE and YOU showed up. Again, no announcement was ever made either before hand or when the were made available. I just hope the HD channels come faster and smoother.

What's funny is I never saw WB/Scranton listed on any posts/websites as a being scheduled for this year and then, out of the blue, they were uplinked last week.

I wonder if they'll do it when they change over from analog to digital source for the SD channels on June 16th? (I also wonder if this will fix the crappy picture on WSWB.)

Wow, glad to see this thread has taken off again! Anyone notice that today WSWB and WVIA have been moved to 61.5? Still SD - Whats up with that? Glad to see that the HD was uplinked last week. Wish Dish could give us dates on when things like this will happen!

Thanks for keeping this thread alive! It's nice to have an easy spot to see if any changes have happened in the WB / Scranton saga. I realize that we are still falling under the "soon" category, so I am not holding my breath, but it's nice to see that at least there is some activity with getting Wilkes Barre / Scranton locals to HD. Like edpkb81 said, I hadn't heard anything about it going HD until it was uplinked.

I moved to New York locals shortly after starting this thread and enjoyed HD until NY started spotbeaming. Cogan Station (near Williamsport) is definitely out of the spotbeam! "Soon" can't come soon enough!!

What's funny is I never saw WB/Scranton listed on any posts/websites as a being scheduled for this year and then, out of the blue, they were uplinked last week.
I got to find it, But I did see a list for July that had Scranton on it . But the last time I checked earlier this year we weren't supposed to get them untill March of 2009. So this is a Nice surprise.

I got to find it, But I did see a list for July that had Scranton on it . But the last time I checked earlier this year we weren't supposed to get them untill March of 2009. So this is a Nice surprise.

I saw an announcement for it coming "this summer" on this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...etwork-retailer-chat-recap-may-23-2008-a.html

I haven't seen the one about July. I don't put much stock into their announcements, though. Still, Glad to see some progress!!

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 177
I did see that one too! And I called E* to confirm,and to my surprise He knew something about it and said mid July to Mid August, as they are in the process now of moving channels to 61.5. But I saw another list, That said July! When I saw it I should have saved it.

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 163
I guess that the screenshot only states "Planned to launch by July 30th". It doesn't specify 2008! That would be our luck!!! If OTA was an option, I wouldn't be so anxious! Hopefully we only have a little over a week wait at most...

I never noticed we had it, but anyway, I don't think there was an accurate correspondence between who got that channel and who got their locals, if I remember discussions in the uplink forum correctly.

I called the ever loving Customer Service about the July 30th launch and of course was greeted with the usual "Huh?, What? Really?, I have no info, Sorry."

So it's July 30th. No S/WB here. Did anyone on the list get the HD locals? Abilene? Fargo? Greenville? Bueller?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)