HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

NEPA Forum saying that

Now, rumor has it that on October 8th we'll be getting WNEP only.

The spotbeam it's going to be on doesn't cover Clinton county and parts of Lycoming, Snyder, Union, and Northumberland counties!
(If it's the one they were previously uplinked to.

Could anyone conferm this

This is very frustrating. I was hoping to have all four HD channels before football season and the new fall series lineup started . Watching on the SD channels on my HDTV is brutal and OTA is not an option.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:D

As of a few minutes ago, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton HD locals are now turned on for Ch 16, 28, 22, 56 and 44!!!!!!!!

Near ecstasy comes to mind! :p

Last edited:
The beam doesn't even cover the whole DMA. I get a signal strength of 5 to 6 in Montgomery, and hence, no service.

Assuming you have the new Eastern Arc -compatible smartcard, which I don't, and you have service from the beam, which I don't, will your receiver automatically switch to the MPEG4 SD channels, or does Dish have to switch your subscription to Eastern Arc?

From what I've heard, the MPEG4 SD channels are only broadcast with 480 pixels of horizontal resolution, so any increase in quality from the improved compression scheme might not necessarily be visible.

Sorry for the interruption

There is no need to call us.
We are working to have this channel back
as soon as possible.

You may still watch non-local
programming by pressing the GUIDE
button on your remote control
and selecting another channel.

Day Two....

Sorry for the interruption

There is no need to call us.
We are working to have this channel back
as soon as possible.

You may still watch non-local
programming by pressing the GUIDE
button on your remote control
and selecting another channel.

But it's clear as a bell!

I think that screen is coming from the receiver, not the satellite.

Where are you located, and what's your signal strength on transponder 7 of the 61.5-degree satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts