HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

I have a newbie question... I currently have two dishes, one pointed at 110 and one at 61.5 (I think). Once Echostar 14 goes into production, I presume I'd have to have the dish that's currently pointed at 61.5 pointed at 119 instead? Is that correct?
No the one that at the 110 should have 2 LNB's on it. One for the 110 and one for the 119.
You should be all set.

That is good news about Echostar 14. I called Dish again today to see if anything can be done. They said the were aware of the problem of us not getting local HD's and that they are working on correcting the problem. I guess they were talking about E-14. Or maybe that is just what they tell us so we don't continue to complain...

Some good news is that Dish Network is launching Echo 14 in January. The satellite will be in launching/testing mode and should be operational by March. This launch is supposed to solve our areas issues with HD Locals. We are very hopeful!

Apparently someone is misinformed. According to the Echostar 14 thread that someone started yesterday, it's not even scheduled to be launched until March, tentatively.

Sorry about asking non-HD LiL questions here but..

That guy who always said "Enjoy! Enjoy! The great outdoors of NE PA". He passed away a few months ago I know. What was his last name? I remember his first name was Manny.

A few of my friends and myself were talking about him the other day. He was truly a staple of NEPA-TV for a long time. We couldn't remember his last name. I don't know if his name was ever mentioned or captioned on the air. Well it had to be mentioned when he passed away.

RIP Manny.

The Dish receivers won't do QAM. I think the cable companies should've been forced to leave the OTA signals in 8VSB, but every time I bring it up I get shouted down by the businesses-know-better-than-consumers crowd.

I just had a new VIP722k installed this week. It's my first time with Dish Network.

I'm located in Afton, NY and have Adams cable. Adams provides the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton stations in HD as well as my official Binghamton locals. Since Dish offers nothing for Binghamton - not even SD - I'm keeping the basic cable going.

I asked the installer about QAM and he tells me they offer a QAM compatible receiver but it's intended for commercial installations. I assume the QAM receiver works with a different box than are offered to home users. I didn't push for more information, but now wish I had.

I signed up for networks with All American Direct. I was able to get ABC and NBC out of Chicago with out a waiver in my OTA free area and they would submit waivers for CBS and Fox for a $3.00 service charge each. I decided not to bother with those two since they charge $4.99/month per channel. At least I can see Lost in HD!

All American Direct also offers LA channels in HD and NYC in SD.

They do this independently of Dish to get around Dish's legal probation. They simply lease transponders on Echostar's satellites and sell the service directly. Apparently this arrangement has been tested in the courts so it should be safe.

This is the one you need.
Too bad E* doesn't move that beam over further. But instead I think it has moved more North and East then this picture shows.
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

As an FYI, I'm reading 77 on transponder 7 here in Afton, NY. That's North East of Scranton - and outside the Scranton market. I need to move.

How does "moving" impact getting service if I have an equipment failure?

Anyone use the remote scheduling feature? Look what I noticed in the channel list:

Screenshot2010-01-08at111435PM.png

Anyone use the remote scheduling feature? Look what I noticed in the channel list:

Recently I had no locals listed on the two receivers I have that are not connected to the internet. My 3rd receiver, which is connected, had all the channels listed correctly. I just check remote scheduling and have the same results on my 612 (not connected to internet).

I can do it. Even with OTA channels through my ViP722.

I see you are in Williamsport. Outside the HD Scranton footprint perhaps? In that case, you will have trouble with those channels but it looks like you only get the Scranton SD channels.

One thing I find strange though, how do you get those Texas HD channels where you are? If you were an AAD sub, you would have Chicago and/or LA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)