HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

OK now let me get this straight. The Locals will be in HD on 61.5 Last month they came and set me up with 129 119 110 so I could the 27 new HD's like Epix and BBCAmerica HD. So I still won' t get the HD locals. I'm gettin really tired of this.

You need the EA arc for this DMA. You have the wrong stuff. I get EPIX and BBC America with the EA wusing a 1000.4 dish that was put in a few weeks ago to get me off 119 and 110.

Is there an estimate for the time of the switch? I wasn't able to pick up the HD locals this morning around 7 am. I usually can't get them in the mornings, however, I have been fairly consistent in picking up HD locals in the evenings.

Is there an estimate for the time of the switch? I wasn't able to pick up the HD locals this morning around 7 am. I usually can't get them in the mornings, however, I have been fairly consistent in picking up HD locals in the evenings.

It usually occurs in the afternoon, ~2 to 3PM eastern time.

The frustration is over!!

All over it, Digi! Thanks for the heads up. I would have responded sooner, but I left work to go home and see it with my own two eyes!

I am gonna miss this thread a little...

Now to set up an appointment to switch to EA and get more HD channels!

:clap@party:clap@party

Last edited:
I have local HD as well! I usually didn't get it this time of day.

Now I have another question. As I have read this post people have talked about EA (Eastern Arc?) and getting more HD channels. Right now I have two dishes in my back yard. I know one is pointing to 61.5. I signed up for Bronze + HD last November. Were new channels added to this package? I am still learning about satellite TV and I don't know much about it.

What channels would I be missing if I am not on the Eastern Arc (what is EA anyway?)? Should I get switched over?

Sorry for the questions. I am new and still learning!

Almost brings tears to my eyes! We've waited so long. Finally we can watch all those Penn State games that keep ending up on ABC in HD! YEA!!!! :):):):)

I have local HD as well! I usually didn't get it this time of day.

Now I have another question. As I have read this post people have talked about EA (Eastern Arc?) and getting more HD channels. Right now I have two dishes in my back yard. I know one is pointing to 61.5. I signed up for Bronze + HD last November. Were new channels added to this package? I am still learning about satellite TV and I don't know much about it.

What channels would I be missing if I am not on the Eastern Arc (what is EA anyway?)? Should I get switched over?

Sorry for the questions. I am new and still learning!

Go to TheList link in my signature and click on the 72.7 satellite. Other than the duplicates between 110 and 72.7 thats the list you don't have access to. You should be able to easily recognize which ones you don't have.

I'm still amazed that they didn't just put us on 77 a long time ago. It's not like they're not going to have to get us all EA upgrades anyway since they started putting new HD on 72 only!

Having some interesting "issues" tonight. Was thrilled to see the HD locals lit up today. Earlier this evening all but fox 56 were HD. Then all went to SD except for WNEP, which stayed at HD. Now even WNEP is in SD. I guess this is "progress" but not sure how much lol.

I don't think they air that many programs in HD.

When they're airing SD programs, I for one would much rather see a picture with bars on the sides than one that's been stretched for no reason whatsoever!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)