HD RF Modulator for a Hopper and a Joey????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We've got a total of 5 Hopper 3's, 3 Hopper 2's, 3 Joeys' and a Super Joey across multiple accounts in the house, shop and office here. And also a bunch of DirecTV, 4DTV, FTA, Hughesnet, Viasat, Surveillance, etc. The wiring is terrifying. :)
You need to take a page out of charlesrshell's book regarding wiring. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
You need to take a page out of charlesrshell's book regarding wiring. :)

:p This has all been accumulating over the last 20 years that we've been at this location. I never seem to get the time to clean them all up because I'm always busy making all the customer's wiring very neat. By the time I get to mine, well you know. :)

Here's part of what's in my office, the front is nice and neat and then there's what's behind them.

IMG_20190412_113445709.jpg IMG_20190412_113639233.jpg

:p This has all been accumulating over the last 20 years that we've been at this location. I never seem to get the time to clean them all up because I'm always busy making all the customer's wiring very neat. By the time I get to mine, well you know. :)

Here's part of what's in my office, the front is nice and neat and then there's what's behind them.
WOW, are you kidding me! :coco:eeek;)

View attachment 138209 View attachment 138208

I'm guessing there's no need for a fireplace or heating vents in that room in the winter, is there? :D

Received the Component to Composite Mini adapter, got her installed, and ops check good. Picture quality is a little better at the distant TVs JSheridan, thanks again. Will install old one on my other Hopper 3 or might keep it out of service for a spare.

I thought the picture was more clear with this one too.

One thing I forgot to mention. I don't know whether you'll have the same problem with your's or if it was specific to my installation but when I turned on the bathroom TV for the first couple of mornings I had this new converter the picture was weird like it was missing a component line. I rebooted the converter and it went back to normal so I got a little programmable timer from our stock and set it to turn off the converter every morning after the Hoppers came on for one minute and turn it back on. That fixed the problem. Here's the timer that I use:

Amazon product ASIN B005WQIDHY

I thought the picture was more clear with this one too.

One thing I forgot to mention. I don't know whether you'll have the same problem with your's or if it was specific to my installation but when I turned on the bathroom TV for the first couple of mornings I had this new converter the picture was weird like it was missing a component line. I rebooted the converter and it went back to normal so I got a little programmable timer from our stock and set it to turn off the converter every morning after the Hoppers came on for one minute and turn it back on. That fixed the problem. Here's the timer that I use:

Amazon product ASIN B005WQIDHY
OK, thanks. Haven't had that problem yet.

View attachment 138208
OH.MY.GOD!!!!! lol Jeez, dude.... lol that's nuts!

The output on the yellow video line is definitely letterboxed. To get around this I added a component to composite converter in front of the modulator so the HD component output is converted to composite then it's modulated. This gets me full screen on the modulated channel.

Amazon product ASIN B00T0UYLGK

J. Sheridan, per your comments back in April, I'm looking for the component to composite converter in front of the modulator so the HD component output is converted to composite then it's modulated. Would you please look at this Amazon link and tell me if this is what I need? Thanks.

J. Sheridan, per your comments back in April, I'm looking for the component to composite converter in front of the modulator so the HD component output is converted to composite then it's modulated. Would you please look at this Amazon link and tell me if this is what I need? Thanks.

Yes, that's the right converter. I use one and it works good except it often needs rebooting to get the colors right after the nightly Hopper reboots.

Thanks, will look for a cheaper one on eBay.
Can this same set up be used on a Joey should I decide to mirror it as well? And if I can, how is the Joey connected to the Hopper?

Thanks, will look for a cheaper one on eBay.
Can this same set up be used on a Joey should I decide to mirror it as well? And if I can, how is the Joey connected to the Hopper?

You can use a modulator on a hopper or a Joey.

Keep in mind you will either need the modulator to accept component video to remove HDCP, or you will need a cheap no name HDMI to bypass HDCP.

I prefer the splitter as component video is slightly softer than hdmi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)