HDMI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Ok as we know there is only one hdmi space coming out of the Directv receiver. At this time i am running threw my Denon. So this means it is on when the tv is on.I like to stop using the Denon some of the time not all . So what is better a HDMI 1X2 Switcher or a 1x2 splitter. I only need the 1x2. Thank you all.

How about doing this ?
Run the HDMI to your TV and a Digital audio from the D* box to the Denon (provided your Denon has the option for that.

Some TVs won't feed audio from an HDMI input to the digital output. Some others will only output PCM that way, not DD5.1, YMMV.

Maybe I miss typed ......

I normally run a HDMI cable from my D* recvr to my TV, this way my TV gets everything the recvr has to offer ....
Then I run a digital audio cable to my Yamaha recvr and select the correct input when I want the Yamaha on to watch the TV.

I normally run a HDMI cable from my D* recvr to my TV, this way my TV gets everything the recvr has to offer ....
Then I run a digital audio cable to my Yamaha recvr and select the correct input when I want the Yamaha on to watch the TV.

You got it right. Receiver to Denon, not TV to Denon.

I have no problem using the all the time PQ and sound are great. Now what i hard is D sends out 1080i and my Denon will make 1080p is this true. And will i over use the Denon by having it on all the time.

That's what I do with my Pioneer receiver (which predates those with HDMI inputs), but the Vizio TV only outputs PCM, not DD5.1. I am deaf in one ear, so don't really miss the 5.1 :)

Another TV I had wouldn't feed the audio from the HDMI input to the optical output at all.

That's what I do with my Pioneer receiver (which predates those with HDMI inputs), but the Vizio TV only outputs PCM, not DD5.1. I am deaf in one ear, so don't really miss the 5.1 :)

Another TV I had wouldn't feed the audio from the HDMI input to the optical output at all.

M Yamaha also pre dates HDMI connections although it's not THAT old.
Maybe 5 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)