Hdmi ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I was just wondering, is there any difference in HDMI cables? I can get one from Circuit City for $140 (Monster Cable)or I can get a Phillips for $40? Both look flimsy and neither have screws to keep it attached like on a computer monitor. Is there any difference other than the $100?

Its not worth it with D* HDLITE. The picture is so bad the cable isnt going to matter. IF anything, better cables are only going to show the PQ flaws more clearly.

vurbano said:
Its not worth it with D* HDLITE. The picture is so bad the cable isnt going to matter. IF anything, better cables are only going to show the PQ flaws more clearly.

Nice productive response Vurbano. I don't think the post had anything to do with HD Lite. Just another reminder of your one track mind. To respond to the question, I am not an expert but I have read numerous posts that the cables you describe would give you the same results. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

FlyingJ said:
Nice productive response Vurbano. I don't think the post had anything to do with HD Lite. Just another reminder of your one track mind. To respond to the question, I am not an expert but I have read numerous posts that the cables you describe would give you the same results. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are right, in both parts of your response. Two good suppliers are www.svideo.com and www.monoprice.com.

Ghost said:
I was just wondering, is there any difference in HDMI cables? I can get one from Circuit City for $140 (Monster Cable)or I can get a Phillips for $40? Both look flimsy and neither have screws to keep it attached like on a computer monitor. Is there any difference other than the $100?
I passed on the $140 cable from Circuit City and bought a $24 cable on Amazon. The HDMI picture is perfect and the surround sound is perfect with the $24.00 HDMI cable.

Rule of thumb from retail: cable = add-on = margin. Equipment sale = no margin. Simple math.

I have some $15 basic HDMI to DVI cables I've been using 6+ months and they work great. Don't think twice about your decision, it was a good one.

Same here,

I bought a $15.00 HDMI to DVI at CompUSA thinking if it doesn't work well, I can always take it back.

That was two years ago. Nuff said on that!

I make my own component cables, RCA interconnects, S-video, speaker connections etc.

It's alot cheaper!

I don't think there is a difference in quality with any reasonable length of cable.

And no HDMI cables have screws to attach them, do they?

tech007 said:
Dude use component cable that comes free with the receiver. Works great and never has problem
Except that the picture is not digital like it would be with HDMI, and you would also have to use 2 more hookups for sound. HDMI is all in one.

Or, did you not know that? Assume you didn't as you didn't know that the 2 new satellites are broadcasting. :rolleyes:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=685567&postcount=3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)