hdtv tuner failer???

Musky boy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
I have a Mitsubishi wd-y57 dlp hdtv. Currently have ota antenna hooked up and Mediacom cable with a cable card. for hd programming.

Last night I lost all hd programming on both the antenna and the cable system.

I get a blue screen with a message that says something like I have no reception on that channel. I can still get all of my analog channels on both the antenna and cable system.

Does this mean that my hd tuner has failed??? If so, any idea what repair cost would be?? Are there some simple checks that I can do myself or anything that could be out of wack in my setup. As of right now, I have not done anything to the setup, and I live alone so I don't have a wife or any kids to mess it up.

Thanks,

John

I would try removing the cablecard and seeing if the OTA channels return. If they do, call the cable company and report a bad cable card. I'd say that is a more likely failure than the internal tuner, and definitely easier to find and fix.

Called local repair shop. All that needed to be done was to unplug the tv, wait 20 seconds, plug back in............Just like a computer running Windows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)