Help locking a 7/8 FEC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
11977h 1562 recently changed their FEC from 3/4 to 7/8 and now my pansat 3500 won´t show the channel, although I do get signal and quality.

The pansat has no way of typing in this new fec. Will I not be able to get it anymore on this stb with my existing 30" dish?

I have read that a bigger dish might get it or a whole other stb. Is there any other way around this issue?

Thanks.

higher FEC (7/8) means you need alot more quality signal as there is less room for error....literally

What kind of quality do you get now on it?

Ice, so a bigger dish will do it?

I recall other stbs (viewsats, Captive works) have the option of changing this FEC. Do you think one of those older models would work?

Do you think a more modern box might work without changing the dish? If so, which ones would you recommend?

Thanks.

Ice, so a bigger dish will do it?
bigger dish = more dish to collect the signal = higher signal ;)

I recall other stbs (viewsats, Captive works) have the option of changing this FEC. Do you think one of those older models would work?
it has nothing to do with that. Receivers know the FEC in most cases (commercial units are the exception). The fact you have a weaker signal is why it wont work

Do you think a more modern box might work without changing the dish? If so, which ones would you recommend?
honestly dont know. It probably would work as newer boxes can have a more sensitive tuner but it may not work

Its Televisa Tijuana right?? I can check tomorrow with a 90cm dish and an old Pansat 2500 see how it does.

Sent from my New IPAD using Tapatalk HD

Yeah Pro. I forgot to mention the channel and sat. It´s Satmex 5 @116.8w. Thanks. Would really appreciate if you can check and post results.

Yeah Pro. I forgot to mention the channel and sat. It´s Satmex 5 @116.8w. Thanks. Would really appreciate if you can check and post results.

Could not find my old pansat 2500a but did find an Icon s550 receiver of mine and using a 76cm dish got 59% quality and got the channel fine using blind scan. I tried the same size dish you have at first to see if it can pickup the channel and it did.

Footprint doesnt reach MN so I can't test

What if you remove the channel and rescan it in? On some older receivers if any parameters changed (FEC included) it wont show the channel properly. I know my old Pansat 1500 was like that

Ok found my 2500a (garage mess) and did a blind scan also and got the channel just fine. Yea maybe do what Iceberg says about deleting the channel and rescan it or better yet blind scan it with the 3500a. Note that now the channel scans as Default Service and not as Teleuisa Tijuana any more.

Could not find my old pansat 2500a but did find an Icon s550 receiver of mine and using a 76cm dish got 59% quality and got the channel fine using blind scan.

I went out and tweaked my 76 cm dish. The most I get is 55% perhaps those 4 extra points you get makes all the difference. I even borrowed a pansat 2500 but nada.

What if you remove the channel and rescan it in? On some older receivers if any parameters changed (FEC included) it wont show the channel properly.

I´ve rescanned/blind scanned at least 5 times. I even created a dummy sat position but nothing.

Note that now the channel scans as Default Service and not as Teleuisa Tijuana any more.

I did get a couple of default service channels but they are feeds not Televisa Tijuana.

I noticed on lyngsat and satbeams that satmex 5 has two ku spotbeams. Could Pro96 possibly be getting this channel on a different beam?

I don´t have any other receiver to test now nor a larger dish for the moment.

Am I out of luck for this tp?

I went out and tweaked my 76 cm dish. The most I get is 55% perhaps those 4 extra points you get makes all the difference. I even borrowed a pansat 2500 but nada.

I´ve rescanned/blind scanned at least 5 times. I even created a dummy sat position but nothing.

I did get a couple of default service channels but they are feeds not Televisa Tijuana.

I noticed on lyngsat and satbeams that satmex 5 has two ku spotbeams. Could Pro96 possibly be getting this channel on a different beam?

I don´t have any other receiver to test now nor a larger dish for the moment.

Am I out of luck for this tp?

Whats your location??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Interesting.. You in Northern Mexico and having trouble with the signal.
Am in L.A and not having that issue with same sized dish

Strange thing happened.

This morning after a week of trying every day I was able to get the channel at last on my pansat 3500. It rescanned over my latest working entry of this channel so the name Televisa Tijuana stayed the same. And it´s working fine now. The signal is still at 55% which is the highest I have been able to get after tweaking my dish.

Did something change in the signal? FEC? Can anybody with a different receiver that shows FEC let me know?

Then I rescanned on a dummy sat I had created on the same receiver. It came in fine and registered as Ch-1. It´s working fine too.

I tried doing the same with a borrowed pansat 2500 but this one won´t scan it even though I get the same 55%Q. ??? Anyone?

Strange thing happened.

This morning after a week of trying every day I was able to get the channel at last on my pansat 3500. It rescanned over my latest working entry of this channel so the name Televisa Tijuana stayed the same. And it´s working fine now. The signal is still at 55% which is the highest I have been able to get after tweaking my dish.

Did something change in the signal? FEC? Can anybody with a different receiver that shows FEC let me know?

Then I rescanned on a dummy sat I had created on the same receiver. It came in fine and registered as Ch-1. It´s working fine too.

I tried doing the same with a borrowed pansat 2500 but this one won´t scan it even though I get the same 55%Q. ??? Anyone?

Fec 7/8 has been like that for a while now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)