Help!! My 722k not responding.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
For the past two mornings in a row, I turn on my tv and I can't get the 722k to do anything. The receiver comes on to the channel we were watching the night before and plays that channel just fine. But i cant change the channel or even open the guide. Its as if the remote doesn't work. But my remote's set up to control tv, 722, and Denon receiver. And it works fine on all the other devices. I can do a receiver reset and it's works fine after that. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a sign my receivers about to go bad?

I only tried the up/down channel buttons on the front and they didn't do anything either. The remote is a 21.0 IR/UHF Pro (is that what you need). Its the TV2 remote because I dropped and broke remote #1 several months back. I only use in single mode anyway because I don't have it feeding a second tv.

Thanks for the info. I was suspecting possible interference (blocking the remote commands), but if the front panel buttons do not work, and the remote is set up as UHF, there is something else wrong. Are you unplugging it to reset it, or pressing the reset button?

Happens to one of my 722s every so often. Doesn't respond to any remote commands. Remote is *not the issue. I have to hold in the power button and reset.

It's possible, but a pain in he rear. I may give it another day or two and see how it goes. There's a lot of work trying to pull everything out of my entertainment center. Has there been other HDMI issues with the latest updates? Because I've never had any issues before.

HDMI is known to have "handshake" issues that other types of cabling do not due to the two-way communication it provides. There aren't any specific known issues at this time, I'm just looking for trends. If you want to give it a day or two to see if the problem continues, I'll happily await updates on the situation

I've got L722 on my receiver. I have 2 additional 722s and a 612. Only see the issue on this one 722. More of a nuisance than anything else. Hasn't happened in a couple of weeks for me.

I don't post about it, but my 722 on most mornings goes through what I consider a warm up. Hooked with hdmi, I deal with the black screen, unresponsive remote & just downright sluggishness on tv1 & 2. After about 5-10 minutes of being on it is fine.

Same non responding Issue on My 722k too

I have the same issue on my 722k receiver too when I first turn it on for the day. It's connected via HDMI to an LCD tv. The buttons on the box and remote do not respond for about one Minute. The red reset button works, but does nothing for the next time. The box is 1.5 years old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)