Help on setup - 10ft dish using BSC621

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bsc 621

I had a bsc 621 on my 10' c/ku dish (new sami dish)
It performed find on C band and some ku
Ku performance was lousy compared to the corotor and really lousy compared to my ortho feed horn (chaparal)

I tuned and tuned on it and it just never worked to suit me.

I never could find a common focal point that would perform well on both bands.
I could tune each band fairly well but not both at the same time.
Also there were some sidelobe reception with the bsc 621

I use a BSC621 lnb with circular plate removed, 4x DISEqC switch. I also had problems with a common focal point. One post mentioned putting a spacer on ku part to have a closer focal point, another post mentioned ku lnb can turn inside and get off centered.
So I removed lnb and looked to modify as mentioned. What I found was female coax connection stuck out so far, it prevented part from resting in u shape center, ( this allowed turning and keeping it a 1/4 inch distance, thus spacer)
I took off ku housing, removed parts and drilled hole big enough for coax to go all the way in and would allow part to rest in u shape center which stopped turning and made focal allot closer, had to put a couple washers on so nut would tighten. If interested I could remove and take pictures, I don't know what drill size used, but could use drill index and find out while removing to take pictures. I use now with azbox elite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)