Help on setup - 10ft dish using BSC621

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bsc 621

I had a bsc 621 on my 10' c/ku dish (new sami dish)
It performed find on C band and some ku
Ku performance was lousy compared to the corotor and really lousy compared to my ortho feed horn (chaparal)

I tuned and tuned on it and it just never worked to suit me.

I never could find a common focal point that would perform well on both bands.
I could tune each band fairly well but not both at the same time.
Also there were some sidelobe reception with the bsc 621

I use a BSC621 lnb with circular plate removed, 4x DISEqC switch. I also had problems with a common focal point. One post mentioned putting a spacer on ku part to have a closer focal point, another post mentioned ku lnb can turn inside and get off centered.
So I removed lnb and looked to modify as mentioned. What I found was female coax connection stuck out so far, it prevented part from resting in u shape center, ( this allowed turning and keeping it a 1/4 inch distance, thus spacer)
I took off ku housing, removed parts and drilled hole big enough for coax to go all the way in and would allow part to rest in u shape center which stopped turning and made focal allot closer, had to put a couple washers on so nut would tighten. If interested I could remove and take pictures, I don't know what drill size used, but could use drill index and find out while removing to take pictures. I use now with azbox elite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts