Help with Channel Master 3040647

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Well I salvaged a .75 meter Channel Master. The dish is in pretty good shape.
The LNB is causing me concern. There is no Brand Name on the LNB. It says

Model NJR2144FX

Serial # 72108027

KU Low Noise Block Converter 11.7 - 12.2 Ghz.

Supply Voltage +15 - 24 Vdc

I dont like the looks of this LNB it looks in poor condition. I have a brand new
KUL2 that I bought from Sadoun. Any way to mount it to this dish?

All comments and advise is appreciated

Thanks
allen

Attachments

• DSCF0767.JPG
    DSCF0767.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 455
  • DSCF0765.JPG
    DSCF0765.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 459
the LNB if I remember is a single polarity (either V or H but not both)

I know a few folks have jerry rigged a LNB on there...hopefully they can chime in

The only page that came up for a Google search of : NJR2144FX LNB
was one which confirmed that as as single polarity LNB, and how to set it for Horizontal or Vertical.

There have been numerous posts on the forum showing how to attach the cylindrical Hughes LNBs, Invacom QPF-031's, and little Dish Network LNBs to your feedhorn.
The idea was to preserve the existing feedhorn, which properly matches the dish shape.
Using a standard LNB with a round-dish feed pattern will work, but may be a little less optimal.
In practice, other factors probably outweigh the matching... :confused:
One factor is to use a QPH-031, for cost considerations. :rolleyes:

Same triple-pole feed support assembly as on the Channel Master 1 meter dish. You can do two things:

1) Replace the entire feedhorn/LNB combination with any regular 40mm-neck LNBF (such as your KUL2), or

2) Unbolt the waveguide with LNB from the feedhorn and replace with a C-120 flanged LNB, such as the stacked LNB from a Superdish.

Either will work, but replacing the LNB and waveguide with a C-120 flanged LNB will allow you to keep the original feedhorn, which is matched for that dish. This picture below is of my 1 meter Channel Master feed assembly before I replaced the waveguide/LNB with a stacked Dish FSS LNB.

Attachments

• FeedAssembly.jpg
    FeedAssembly.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 390
Well I salvaged a .75 meter Channel Master. The dish is in pretty good shape.
The LNB is causing me concern. There is no Brand Name on the LNB. It says

Model NJR2144FX

Serial # 72108027

KU Low Noise Block Converter 11.7 - 12.2 Ghz.

Supply Voltage +15 - 24 Vdc
The LNB is made by Japan Radio, which is a very good company.

The LNB already on it will work, but only on one polarity. You'll get either horizontal or vertical, depending on the orientation of the LNB. Chances are nothing is wrong with it.

Invacom makes (or used to) a universal LNB that bolts right up to that feed. SNF-031 is the part number, I have one and it works fine.

Regards, Eric

OK. Thank for the help. After taking everything apart, I indeed have the C-120 flange. I have fround this.

NEW DISH NETWORK FSS/DBS DUAL STACKED LNB 122676/122677 - eBay (item 320250209158 end time Jul-08-08 06:39:45 PDT)

I believe this is the Stacked LNB that would work. I dont know the difference between the 122676 and 122677. Perhaps both would work. They wont fit under the LNB cover of the dish though. I have found this.

Hughes DirecWay: DirecPC LNB FSS SAT2 1025448-0008A KU - eBay (item 190180582824 end time Jun-30-08 10:44:14 PDT)

Is this the Cylinderical Hughes LNB that Anole was talking about? Would this work?

Thanks

I M O

Dish LNBs:
One is circular, and for the DBS (direct broadcast satellite) band.
It would be useful to get NASA on 119ºW, but little more.
Thats the one on the round horn. LO = 11250

The other is linear, for the FSS service that you want.
That's the one on the oval horn. LO = 10750

I personally like bandstacked stuff.
Can hook to multiple receivers with the right switches.
Some members use 'em, and they do work.
But because of the complication and confusion, I don't promote it to just everyone. :rolleyes:

However, you said it won't fit under the hood.
Your call.

Hughes LNB:
These seem to be pretty popular with the guys.
I missed out on getting some a while back, for a little better price.
Didn't really need 'em, but should have stocked up. :cool:
As long as the single output works for your situation, I'd think you would be pretty happy with one.
And if someone is going to make you a deal, I'd jump all over it. :up

Last edited:
OK Cool. What i got is a Mercury II with a standard LNB. Dish is stationary on G25. I want this dish to be stationary on G10R. Can I connect both dishes with a switch? Would I set the mercury II on a standard or universal with this Hughes LNB?

Thanks
allen

Hey there Gray1!

There is nothing wrong with the NJR LNB above, it is simply made for a single polarity fed either as indicated by position or by a Co-Rotor.

If you want to get rid of it, I might be in the market for it. Send me a PM if you want to let it go, and maybe we can work something out. :)

If anyone else finds such LNBs, I would like to hear from you too!

I believe the Hughes is Standard, with 10750 LO.

You could use a diseqc or a 22khz switch, if that's all you had in mind.
If you want to plan for future expansion, then ....
Our FAQ section has a nice thread on switch basics.

Anole is right, the Hughes is a standard LNB, L.O. 10750.

I've got 6 of these Hughes LNBs left after purchasing 8 of them a year or two ago. I traded a couple of them for Dish stacked FSS LNBs, since I wanted to send my output to multiple receivers. That is the main advantage of the stacked LNBs; since they send both H and V polarities down at the same time, they can be split, and each receiver on the splitter can see both polarities. The disadvantage, as Anole pointed out, is that they are somewhat confusing to setup. You really want a blind scan receiver that can find the horizontal frequencies once they are stacked above the vertical ones.

If you are working with only one receiver, however, the Hughes is an excellent and very sensitive LNB.

Linuxman..good to hear from you. Always like to talk to a fellow St. Louisian and C-bander.
Give me a few days to get this lined out, and I'm sure we can work this out.

Allen

Got a couple of questions before I go out and try to find G10R. I got the Hughes LNB from ACRadio. I replaced the waveguide and old LNB. I dont need the waveguide for the Hughes LNB do I?

Since this is a stacked LNB do I need to search for the Vertical or Horizontal transponder? Does it make a difference?

11800 v 26660
11805 h 4580

For G10R im showing a +35 degree Skew (counterclockwise facing the dish) for my location.
(63670 Close to Zell, Mo.) That seems like a lot of skew. Would somebody double check me on that?

Thanks
allen

Attachments

• lnb.jpg
    lnb.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 271
Got a couple of questions before I go out and try to find G10R. I got the Hughes LNB from ACRadio. I replaced the waveguide and old LNB. I dont need the waveguide for the Hughes LNB do I?

Since this is a stacked LNB do I need to search for the Vertical or Horizontal transponder? Does it make a difference?

11800 v 26660
11805 h 4580

For G10R im showing a +35 degree Skew (counterclockwise facing the dish) for my location.
(63670 Close to Zell, Mo.) That seems like a lot of skew. Would somebody double check me on that?

Thanks
allen
It isn't a stacked LNB...it is a normal voltage polarity switching LNB. 35 degrees of skew is correct...my skew here in WNC for that sat is in the 40's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)