Help with Chicago Locals(HD)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cheapwine

Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
illinois
Hello,
I just "moved" to Chicago for three main reasons.
1) To recieve the Bears games, and not be forced to watch the St. Louis Rams.
2) To recieve the local WGN broadcast of the Blackhawks as they are not offered on WGN america.
3) To recieve HD local Channels, the Paducah, KY promise has been "comming soon" for many months.

I have been able to get the SD locals from my "new" location, but not the HD.

I have 2 vip 722k box's hooked up to 4 total TV's, I have 2 dishes, 1 is a 500(110, 119) and the other i think is a 300 (69.5).
When i tune into a HD local I get the Sorry for the interuption screen blah blah. The SD channels come in fine so I do not want to rock the boat and call in.
Looking at the maps of the spotbeams it appears that I am just outside (zip 62935), of the range for 69.5 transponder 11, which I think is the HD local chicago signal.
My question is... Looking at the 110 W list the Big 4 chicago locals are on the ConUSbeam T17, can i get them from there instead of the 69.5? Or is there any other solution to my dilemma? I am Happy that 2 of my 3 goals were achieved, but I would really like the locals in HD.

I have been reading this forum and there are alot of very smart and helpful folks out there, Thanks in advance for help and or advice.

Actually for Chicago the SD channels of NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC are on a CONUS beam on 110, the rest are on this Spotbeam -
- you are well within the coverage of the 110 spotbeam.

But as you found out the 61.5 does not cover you area. The 129 beam will not cover your area either.

129's SB24 and SB30 should cover you with no issues:
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

But as always...remember the number one rule on moving. Check your signal strength first!

[But as always...remember the number one rule on moving. Check your signal strength first![/QUOTE]

Previously I was wanting to "move" from Lexington, KY to Minneapolis for MN locals to watch Vikings. But since the locals were on spot beam, I was advised that I won't get those MN locals here in Lexington, KY.

My question is how to check the signal strength ?? The locals channels won't show up in the all channels list. Any help appreciated.

Thanks for your help. I think I am just going to be happy that I have the SD locals from chicago as all I had before were SD locals. I guess I will have a decsion to make if and when HD locals become available in Paducah, ky.
Does anyone know if I can "move back" in lets say 6 months?

Thanks for your help. I think I am just going to be happy that I have the SD locals from chicago as all I had before were SD locals. I guess I will have a decsion to make if and when HD locals become available in Paducah, ky.
Does anyone know if I can "move back" in lets say 6 months?
Absolutely, people on this board have moved and then found out they couldnt get signal, and moved back within the week
If you move back in 6 months you just say you got temporarily transfered for your job and you already have your box and a dish hooked up. It wont be a problem after that long from moving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)