Help with locals

scooter2479

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
La Plata,Mo
Help with locals and gettiing rid of 129

Ok, So I was living in la plata,mo 63549 and moved about 15 minutes away to kirksville,mo 63501. I "moved" my service to republic,mo 65738 because I couldnt get local channels. I just got everything hooked up and when I went to start everything up, it downloaded the program guide and everything was good but when I went to a local channel it said You can not view a channel outside of it's viewing area and all the locals disappeared. I call dish to get them to reauth the channels and they still wont come on. The only thing I can see that might have changed is That i'm on sat 129 now instead of 119 or 100. I have a dish 500 system. I have a 625 and a 311 but only the 625 is hooked up. What do I need to do here to get the locals back on? Thanks!

Scott

Last edited:
So i've found that springfield locals are on 110. How do I get my dish to pick up 110 and not 129 or 119? Thanks

You need to make sure your mast or pole is level, your skew and elevation are correct for your zip code, and reaim. Sounds like you're a little bit off to the right. You need to adjust back to the left so that you only pick-up the 119 and 110 sats.