Help With Two Satellite Dishes, Two Dual LNBs , Two Motors and One receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
I am trying to setup two dishes, one for Ku band and the other for C band. I am trying keep from running too many cables between both satellite dishes.

I will be using a DMX-741 and a Ivacom PHQ-031 LNBs utilizing one Linear port and one Circular port.

I know that disecq switches are needed, and would like to know, if I can get some help on what would be the most effecient or best way to wire the LNBs between the two dishes and to how many disecq switches in a daisy chain style with one cable running up to the receiver.

The first dish on line is the Ku band with the Ivacom PHQ-031 LNB using a linear and a circular ports, followed by the C band dish with the DMX-741 LNB.

Both dishes will be motorized, the Ku dish with a SG-2100 and the C dish with a Powermax PMA-24 and a GBox used as stand alone.

Some how I have become brain dead with this project. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You

avenger.

receiver - gbox - SG2100 - diseqc sw - 1 c band(741), 2 ku(741). 3 Ku(linear), 4 Ku(circular)
Move Ku dish motor via USALS, BUD/Gbox via Diseqc. Now if they made an affordable motor for a CM 1.2 this is how I'd do it.(but no Ku on the BUD)

Thanks Fat Air,

Will do that as soon as I get a Diseqc switch. The two satellite dishes are about eight foot apart, the Ku is farthers from the receiver. So it looks like the Diseqc switch will be placed at the Ku dish pole site, and will run two cables from the C dish (DMX-741) LNB to the Ku dish area.

receiver - gbox - SG2100 - diseqc sw - 1 c band(741), 2 ku(741). 3 Ku(linear), 4 Ku(circular)
Move Ku dish motor via USALS, BUD/Gbox via Diseqc. Now if they made an affordable motor for a CM 1.2 this is how I'd do it.(but no Ku on the BUD)

Hello Fat Air,

I was able to use/work with the Ku dish and SG-2100 to obtain most of the Ku satellites using USALS with no problems.

But I am having problems using the GBox via Diseqc 1.2 with the "C" band dish. I will be honest and say that I am not too familiar with the GBox operations. I have been using the box in the "Standalone" mode and it has worked out for me, but the Diseqc 1.2 mode have me pulling my hair.

If the Diseqc 1.2 mode suppose to move the dish to a designated area, then some how this is not happening. I cannot get the GBox to do anything. The USALS seems to have taken control of the receiver. This GBox has so many points that are already programmed into it that maybe it needs to be reset or restart from the beginning, but I am wondering if this is done, then how do I keep all of the previous set points intact.

Keep in mind that I will be using only one receiver (Viewsat Ultra) to control the dishes motor/actuator.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I reset my GBox. I had it disconnected from the receiver, I programmed in all the satellites using the GBox remote. I recorded the satellite position numbers I programmed for each location. (Sounds like you've already done this) I then programmed the receiver with the corresponding location numbers, and then connected it inline. And all worked well. This is with an S9. Is it that the viewsat will not allow a diseqc position entry if usals is used on some locations?? After setting up usals, the S9 allows selection of usals or diseqc or OFF for each sat. (I just tried it, assigning usals to my fixed Ku dishes. 30°W came up 'Put of Range') Although I don't have a usals motor, my belief, that it works, is based on remembering others success in doing this here on the forum. It's been a while, I'll have to do a little searching for the threads.

Found a couple of threads and in one is "While the GBox will ignore USALS commands, a "Ku" motor will listen to both USALS and DiSEqC commands - including "bumps" to the GBox / BUD." Thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/199960-combine-c-band-g-box-ku.html and in another: "I have used my Solomend 800 for the same purpose and it works just fine.
smile.gif
" and "It works.
smile.gif
Makes it a lot easier now.
smile.gif
"in thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/266231-openbox-s10-use-c-ku-dishes.html (Think this is the thread I remembered the most after reading it again)
BTW: that should be "Out of Range" in the previous post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)