help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mindadis

Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta
I am NOT tech savvy, but need help. I just upgraded my regular DVR receiver to an HD DVR receiver w/directv (Just purchased a HDTV). The installer told me I had to have two lines to use this new receiver. I don't understand this as I already have one HD DVR receiver in another room. He installed it anyways (it would be very tedious to try to run a new line through my townhouse!) with the understanding that there is no "second line". Why is this necessary and can I use some kind of coaxial splitter to hook into my receiver box? There is only one coaxial line coming out of the wall and there is a satellite 1 and satellite 2 input on the back of the receiver. I don't care about the feature of being able to record a program and watch another at the same time. Can you help??:confused:

you dont NEED another line, one will work just fine, also no splitter will work as Directv uses frequiences that are not compatiable with them and you will not get the signal...if you dont care about recording one and watching one then you will be fine with one line, if you do in the future need that option, look into a SWM install.

So if one line will work, which input should it be in? If I have it in 2, then when I turn on the TV and receiver, the screen is blank and it says "acquiring data" forever. If I have it in 1, it searches for connection in satellite 2.......I am so confused.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts